I won this fabulous little stationary sampler from Knitterella
- I love stationary. And since I didn't win a nifty flower tag - I just had to order one *giggle* Isn't it darling? It's a pin too - I'm pretty sure it's for me
. Thank you Jill, for a great little give-a-way and drawing my name!
I have also been tagged by Heather
to report 7 "truths", somehow calling crazy details "truths" takes it up a notch - like you're taking a peek into my backyard or something.
The rules are:
1. Link the one who tagged you
2. Tell 7 truths about yourself, something funny/different
3. Tag 7 people at the end of the blog
4. Leave a message in their blog telling them that they have been tagged
So here goes nothing.
1. I look forward to my annual gynocological exam (you said "truths" right?). I love my OB/ GYN so much - even before I went through two pregnancies with her - she just rocks. I wish she was my friend.
2. I played the flute through highschool, and even went to bandcamp and was the drum major. I loved band.
3. I like heavy metal music - like Cinderella, some Metallica and Motley Crue to name just a few. I like to bang my head and once asked my hairdresser to cut my hair like the lead singer of Motley Crue - I was in the 8th grade.
4. I ran into the wall last night and thought I sprained my arm. My little one decided to climb out of her crib at 1 AM and turn the living room lights on - in my shock I apparently ran into the window ledge and hurt my arm while simultaneously stubbing my toes on the bathroom scale. I cursed. And seriously, my first thought - other than %^&$ ouch! was "I won't be able to knit". I'm generally a klutz.
5. I drive too fast - my co-workers thought it would be funny to give me a handmade speeding ticket. A co-worker today asked if I went through a lot of brakes. Actually I don't. I have never been in an acident - well other than backing into a pole at a function with many county police deputies. Secretly, I would love to drive a race car.
6. I'm so scared to fly I am paralyzed at the thought - I would need drugs, but only since 9-11. Even though Real Simple Magazine wrote last month that one in 15,000,000 people that fly dies whil 1 in 243 that drive does. That's sobering.
7. I remember songs by grade - oh, I was in 7th grade when Pyromania came out. I was in 9th grade when Push it was popular. The best Skid Row album was released the summer after I graduated hugh school. I know lyrics to so many songs, all gernres (well, except old country). I think music helps me survive the day sometimes. I usually have to get my radio organized before I pull away. And I drive a 97 beast-of-a-Pathfinder, I treasure it because it has a Bose stereo. One day I will just have 4 wheels and a Bose, but love my music.
8. bonus truth - I dress kind of girly for work and stuff but if you didn't guess, I'm such a tom boy. Grew up hanging with the guys, continued to giving them girl advice in highschool. I think guys are just safer, no painful gossip? I also curse like a sailor and like to watch action movies. I don't mind getting dirty - as long as I am dressed for it. This all seems so stereotypical... But let me add, blogging and knitting has lead me to find some neat relationships with women, it has been so eye opening and wonderful - this is what I was missing. I have a couple of super special girlfriends in real life - again, they are kind of rougue-ish disguised as awesome fashion queens, women rock - just sayin.
I don't normally like to tag people, free will and all. But if you are up for the challenge please do this on your blog and let me know you have the courage!:)