Peaknit

Saturday, February 13, 2010

a banner week

ingenue_finished1
Ingenue in Plucky Knitter MCN Worsted in Early Light

A sweater I can wear! It mostly fits and is so warm and heavy. It took knitting and re-knitting - but I am pleased with the results - though I am not entirely comfortable wearing it, I think because, in my opinion, the lush MCN hugs the curves a bit, which makes me want to keep my belly sucked in - maybe a girdle? But then I find anything created to hold your belly in just squeezes "everything" north like a toothpaste tube - and that aint pretty. Anyways. In spite of the struggles, I am kind of itching to cast on another sweater. I'm thinking Peasy...as in easy? Doubtful, but I have swatched anyways.

CanonXT 011
Baby Moc-a-Soc by Bekah Knits in Yarntini Drunken Pear

dontcha kind of want a grown-up pair?

These are booties for my Valentine, Jackson. I got to spend the day with my sister and her new son yesterday - well, I called myself mama twice, omg. oops. I am so thrilled to have a baby to visit, and he was so good - slept on my shoulder for four hours. That's what aunties are for, right? My sister is having some of the same mommy growing pains I had - life changes so much when you decide to have children - more technicolor in many ways but also more complicated. Spontaneity is surely harder at the baby stage. Jackson is the light of her life though, and she is doing such a good job - my nose tingles, I am so proud of her and her husband!

16 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Wow, what an awesome sweater! It looks great on you! I think Peasy would be another great choice. I've got that one in my queue, too.

10:24 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Wow! You've finished that sweater quickly and it looks fantastic!! And the baby mockasocks! So sweet :)

12:11 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Gorgeous sweater!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

I think the sweater looks great on you.

And, yes, I do want a pair of booties for me.

Life does change when you have kids -- and there some really hard things about that. But, as they say: no pain, no gain.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Gorgeous sweater! I love that colorway, and MCN is my new "crack," so to speak.
Those baby mockasocks are adorable.
Tell your sister to keep her chin up, it gets better, and even though life is more difficult, it is definitely more worth living...

11:07 AM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Your sweater looks beautiful - well worth the knitting/re-knitting.
The baby mocs are almost as cute a bare baby feet!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Oh, my gosh! There's so many beautiful knits coming out of Peaknit lately. That sweater is so beautiful, and those booties... Gah! I saw them on Ravelry and thought what a great version they are. Then that hat... Wow! You are definitely on a roll.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Beautiful sweater! You look wonderful in it, too. MCN is so soft and lovely.

Those mockasocks are just too cute.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Yay! Your sweater looks gorgeous. You look fantastic in it. Your little Valentine's baby booties are super cute! I bet Peasy won't be to hard. Top down sweaters are easier than knitting in pieces and seaming them up, IMHO.

10:03 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

beautiful knits...and wow...are you turning them out...I need a little of your water over here...give me a boost ;))

11:58 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love your sweater! Looks great on you! Those wee socks are the cutest too!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

It looks great! And you can pull off the curve hugging :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

It turned out amazing! Just lovely Stacey:)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

What a beautiful sweater! The fit is perfect and the color is divine!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have such little time to surf the net these days, and just decided to take a look at your blog for the first time in a while, what thoughtful and sweet comments about jack and i. thank you! and those are the cutest darn slippers ever. i meant to have him wear them yesterday, but they are still a little big. Won't be long though.
xoxo Kasey

5:44 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

Being an aunt is the BEST!!!! All the baby, none of the sleep loss!

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home