Peaknit

Saturday, August 05, 2006


The first Embossed Leaves sock is off of the needles...I really like the heel on this sock - which I imagine is plain so as not to take from the lace pattern throughout - I have only done ribbed heels before while this one is just smooth stockinette with a garter edge, I'm a simple girl. I am still not thrilled with the way the pattern has disappeared in the veriagated yarn BUT I absolutely love working with Koigu and these socks will make a wonderful gift - for a non-knitter who would respond to my disappointment with "What pattern? Where?" So all is not lost. I'll gladly make another...after I crank out a pair for me in a nice plain jane green to showcase the leaves falling down the leg onto the foot. I think I'm a little over zealous about leaves now as I have located two other leafy patterns I'd like to try. This is my first shot at a lace sock and I think I really enjoyed it because it kept a potentially dull sock experience interesting. I had to pay a little attention - but not have hundreds of stitches to read as it can grow to be in a shawl. My chance of screws ups goes WAY up with a shawl. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home