Peaknit

Saturday, August 02, 2008

gimme some water...

Did anyone recognize that title from an Eddie Money song? He was just at our County Fair...a local band opened for him, I find that a little sad but anyways...

water

It is a new Project Spectrum round, water...blues, purples, black. Well, from looking at my stash - I clearly like blue and purple and this round will apparently give me a chance to really go stash diving. yay! I am sputtering to the end of my gull lace bodice on my February Sweater - I'm loving it, though I am curious how much it will stretch when blocked, and I am praying it will fit - that is "fit while buttoned". But lo and behold, it is blue - so it fits nicely with PS. I am also planning to cast on for the Stacked Cowl using Mama Blue Troika Sport in Trifle, a lovely glisten-y purplely, brown. I figure that will be a simple but fabulous hospital project, if I can't focus on the FLS. The cowl pattern was created by Sour Cherries, a truly pretty blog to read.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words, thoughts and prayers, I truly believe in the power of prayer - I'm knitting some into my sweater today. Last night, I spent the evening with my *gramma*, she is so strong and her faith is just unshakable. We talked about surgery and she believes when her number is up, well, that is it - though she added she was sure God would guide her surgeon's hand - how cool is that?

**I swear, I thought this was one way how to spell grandma until adulthood because I had been writing to my dear "gramma" since I could sound out words - I must have been hooked on phonics... Seriously, I quilted her a wall hanging for her apartment that had "Gramma" on it in big letters - when I hung it up... THAT was when it dawned on me, wait that is not "one" of the spellings for grandma. Doh!**

So drink in some water with me- imagine purples and blues coursing through your fingers in the shower, put your toe in, come splash with me!

One last thing - all of this talk of praying reminds me there is an awesome drawing going on over at earthchickknits - her story is pretty amazing - the prizes are breathtaking. A teeny donation might just get you a big prize!:)

17 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Look at all of those pretty blues!! You're going to have fun with this element of Project Spectrum. Hadn't seen that cowl yet...very cute.

Continuing to keep you and your gramma (how sweet) in my prayers.

5:57 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

Your grandma sounds like an amazing gal!

6:29 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

You have a Gramma, I had a Maeve, I say whatever works makes your grandmother special. Love those blues!

7:50 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I can't wait to see your FLS, keep slogging away, it'll be worth it!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your gramma has a great attitude. I know that really contributes to healing. She's going to come through OK. Especially with such a great surgeon!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Jill L said...

love your phot collage -- all my favorite colors!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

IF someone breaks into your house and steals your 'water' stash, I will be the prime suspect. Just sayin'. Good luck to Gramma tomorrow. Healing thoughts headed her way!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

HAHA! I heart Eddie Money...my fav is Take me home tonight, I don't wanna let you go till you see the light, take me home tonight, listen honey, just like Ronnie says...BE MY LITTLE BABY!

GAH!

I heart your blue stash. Mmmmmm

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And more hugs and good wishes for gramma and you!! Terry in SF

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of your blues are gorgeous. Good wishes for your gramma. She sounds like a wonderful woman!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

It is so exciting to think of all of the new possibilities with these new colors. I have been anxiously awaiting this one myself. You have some gorgeous yarns!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Your gramma sounds amazing! I'll definitely throw some extra prayers her (and your) way. :) Also thanks for the link to earthchick's blog -- another amazing woman!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Beautiful yarn montage. I especially love that first purple. Yummy.

I will keep your gramma in my thoughts.

6:57 PM  
Blogger April said...

Your Feb. Lady Sweater looks great. Love the color! Hopefully your blocking will work the way you want it to! :)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

I think "gramma" is perfect! My own is ever practical and has always signed our cards XXX OOO Gma & Gpa. She'd be tickled pink to receive a quilt that reflected that...which gives me an idea...

Many prayers heading your way -- your gramma sounds like an amazing woman. :)

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited for this round of Project Spectrum!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Your stash is so impressive. I have to admit I rav stalk it sometimes!

I'm glad to hear your gramma is doing well.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home