Peaknit

Monday, June 30, 2008

because sometimes knitting sucks

Wow, my knitting sucks today - I won't get into detail but man - I feel like I need to go to a knitting language class - I am just not interpreting things worth a darn today. I'm stuck on heels and gussets - I wanted to throw my knitting at one point - just hurl it accross the room but then I came to my senses and walked away. Do you ever feel like selling your whole stash and walking away from the craft? Ever wonder why you have squirreled away more yarn that one can knit in a lifetime? Maybe that's just me - today. Tomorrow will be better, right?!

Thankfully, a bright spot is the most recent installment of MadelineTosh's Magnolia Society...

gracious
gracious (however, I should rename it grateful after this crummy day)

At first I thought it was very similar to Ginger - but alas, notsomuch.

gracious ginger

I'm not sure what it will be, but it is like spun gold - and a real boost after hating Knitting.

p.s. Knitting, I know you are a dear friend - we'll make up tomorrow and forget this day. *wink*

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful!

5:41 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

I know how you feel....grab a drink...sew a little...and you and knitting will get along another day.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Hang in there... We all have our share of bad days... I agree with cbknits80.... It may be a good to turn to sewing for a bit and come back re-freshed:)

7:01 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

Gorgeous "gracious!" I'm definitely there with you, more than occasionally. Persevere! I'm sure your knitting is very lovely, and once you two make up, you'll be glad of all you learned during this tough time. If not, then yeah, grab a drink. ;)

7:14 PM  
Blogger Jill L said...

gracious is way out of my comfort zone colorwaise, but I love it. I think I am going to do Hedgerow or Sweet Socks.

Maybe tomorrow will be a happy knitting day!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Lovely yarn! Bummer about the bad knitting day. But maybe it's a better day for something else?

8:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes knitting has to go in time out. It breaks the rules of fun and relaxation and needs to take time to remember that.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Yeah, I know how that is. Just let the knitting be for a while and it will be better the next day. ;-)

2:48 AM  
Blogger Marie Adeline said...

Yes sometimes i feel the same, and the day after a wake up and want more knitting, pretty weird ins't it?
Happy day

4:42 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Been there on the knitting. Hopefully today is better?

Love the Tosh! Both colorways are fab.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh, it will get better for sure!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

We've all been there. I have remarked on more than one occasion that it is good our house does not have a fireplace. I think a project or two would have ended up in there. :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Hopefully today is better? We all have days like that. I think it's normal. Hang in there, and maybe look at the pretty yarn and dream about your next project.
And you're still my hero, test knitting for Yarnissima and all! :)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Ally Jay said...

both those yarns are utterly delightful. There are days when knitting seems like hard work, and I vow to take up another hobby but as you say it always looks better the next day and we make up.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

LOVE that yarn. I haven't taken pictures of mine yet.

And don't worry, knitting will improve soon.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Oh Yes, I've been there. Actually the Firey Bolero that I've been working on had me almost throw in the towel way more then once!

We are currently making up though :)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

yum, such great colors. i ought to check out MadelineTosh's Magnolia Society. thanks for the tip.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home