Peaknit

Saturday, June 07, 2008

kitchen swap

kitchenswap

Marisol of Purls Just Wanna Have Fun organized a sweet little kitchen swap - and my partner was Knittingma. What a great partner - first of all it was so fun getting to know more about her - I mean we had commented back and forth but this was a cool new element, swapping some cool kitchen stuff.

First, she sent me a very kitschy pear loofa, I love it! My husband was fruitlessly (get it, fruit-less? doh!) looking for our old scrubber this week, well, let me tell you - I could not crack open the pear. I couldn't. But I will, in secret. And a neat apple drainer plug - so cool! And the most awesome dishcloth - I had a heckuva time trying to find a nice dishcloth pattern - thank you Becky for taking the legwork for me. I will definitely be making some more - as well as the funky felted oven mitt/ potholder pattern she included. So many things, however, the chocolate was quickly eaten. In the interest of keeping it from getting melty - a girl's gotta do....

kitchencloth

We were also to include some handwritten recipes in the swap package, truly, this most cost effective piece was my most favorite - I mean hand written. I love that. I never get letters - or recipes - so this was truly appreciated. Well, she sent me an awesome pesto recipe to try as well as several other neat ideas, including a no-bake potential-birthday-treat-idea for my little one who turns 3 at the end of the month. My gosh, she's not that little anymore, is she? Oh gosh, let's gloss over that.

Thank you Knittingma for the awesome swap - and if anyone has any clever morning *all day* sickness busters - surf over and tell her I sent ya!

I am seriously buttons away from a tiny FO - here's hoping tomorrow I can finish it up and have something knit to share.

19 Comments:

Blogger Marisol said...

Oh my gosh what a fabulous package! I love, love, love seeing what everyone is getting:) It like Christmas in June:)

Have a great weekend!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

What cute goodies. I still haven't done a swap, I always seem to miss the start of them! And to be honest I think I'd be a little nervous at doing one!
I got my plucky classic today - lovely :-)

9:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great package!!! And I love that dishcloth pattern!

The little one is still little. Don't worry too much yet. :)

12:08 AM  
Blogger Jill L said...

Great swap -- I hope she'll do another!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

That is a cool dishcloth, the best I've seen.
Lucky you.

6:54 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

What a great swap package!! Love the dishcloth...so cute!!!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

What a great swap!! Love the dishcloth pattern. :)

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your FO. Aren't swaps fun? Looks like you got some fun goodies. Enjoy!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Awesome package! The dishcloth and everything else is so thoughtful and fun! Someday I'll get over the fear and join in.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

now that is an astonishingly gorgeous dishcloth. how will you ever stand to actually use it on your dishes? oh, well, maybe using it as a washcloth in the bath is a better use!

9:32 AM  
Blogger raining sheep said...

Swaps are so much fun. I love the pear loofah and the dish cloth pattern is super cute.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

It looks like that was a great swap! The dishcloth pattern is very cute :)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Great parcel! I love the colorful dishcloth.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Ooooh...fantastic swap package! That dishcloth rocks.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

You received quite a lovely package!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lovely package, and a neat exchange! That's a lovely dishcloth pattern! So bright and pretty for the kitchen!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Aline said...

Love that dishcloth! I got three pretty ones for Xmas and I can't scrub dirt with any...too pretty! But I would lovvve the recipe to make this one! For a minute there, I thought you were having a baby until I followed the link.
I wish I had your multitasking skill. You have so much lovely stuff to blog about, yay!

10:14 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

what a great package. swaps can really make a gals day, huh!

and three! oh. i wish i still had a two year old that was going to turn three! that sounds super young to me!!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Jennie said...

That is one awesome swap package!!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home