Peaknit

Saturday, May 17, 2008

a great way to spend a day

Celebrating...a birthday, of course - mine! yay! I had an early morning massage as a mother's day gift from my girls - what a lovely way to kick off the day. The rest of the day isn't filled with much banner excitement, which is just about perfect. A perect day in my book does not typically include a lot of fanfare or excitement - but instead my favorite bagel sandwich for lunch, a quick trot through Stitcher's Crossing, purchasing a small charcoal grill for smores, the same greasy pizza I have loved since my childhood and a moonlight walk...not too shabby! (and some selfish knitting and reading will need to be squeezed in too:)

I have been celebrating all week, I must confess that I do act a bit like a child - excited for presents and a day to do what I want. I grew up getting to dictate the birthday dinner and cake - so seems fitting that the tradition continues. I always take a couple of days off around this time to work in my motley flower beds and go shopping - with or without a cake, this is something to celebrate. And I have already received several lovely surprises this week, I am considering them all birthday treats!. Yarn makes me so happy. Friendship, kindness and generosity makes me delirious...

1. The wonderful responses to my mismatchy Pomatomus - thank you! Getting great feedback is such a gift - I'm falling love with the socks again.

2. Some yarn dyed especially for me by The Plucky Knitter from my dear Knitting Penpal, cbknits80 (ravelry link) and a gorgeous collage of many of my favorite flickr photos, I was nearly brought tears by this thoutful gift. The colorway is not represented well - but it is called Peaknit is a Peanut, isn't that sweet? It is the most lovely hue of purple. For a cowl perhaps? Maybe some Thujas?

bdaypresent

3. Then I recently ordered a skein of Sportweight Peaknit from Yarntini - I'm serious worshipper of anything Jessie comes up with, and for some reason I think I should have Peaknit in every yarnbase - a form of self-love perhaps? Anyways, she has been teasing she was going to put something in the mail for me - well, did she ever. The Project Runway set - the variegated is "Make it Work!" while the solid is "Carry on!" - I just think Tim Gunn is precious, I want to hug him. And Jessie - so thoughtful and I am totally not worthy - but thank you!!

projectrunway2

The blue is so incredibly vibrant! I love it - I'm not sure what this will be when it grows up but something "Fierce"! I am sure - maybe that could be a suggestion for a new colorway "fierce" hee hee. I mean, Christian rocks! I want to hug him too - and pinch his little flaming cheeks.

4. And lastly, holy cow, I won a prize. A while back I coveted Bockstarks trade (Wollmeise for handspun) with Micki of a thing for string, seriously to. die. for. Well, I entered a contest over at Micki's blog and karma blessed me...

hiddencanyon

Hidden Canyon handspun by Micki. I'm left speechless. I keep waffling on whether to spin or not to spin...I even have a tiny collection of some fabulous fibers, and a spindle...I'm thinking a beginning spinning class might help me decide?

So thank you blogging friends, you all provide a gift for me every day of the year.

29 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Happy Birthday!!! You totally deserve all of that goodness!

And by all means, spin, spin, spin! You'll love it.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your day -- and all your yummy new yarn!!

12:08 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day doing everything your heart desires. And yes, enjoy your lovely new yarn, as well!

I've been thinking about possibly taking up spinning, too, but I really doubt I'd have the time right now. I think you should definitely do it, so I can live vicariously through you. :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you found the perfect way to celebrate.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Happy Birthday!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Happy Birthday! My birthday was last week...and I have to admit to being a bit partial to having a May birthday! It's such a lovely month!
I hope that you enjoyed your day. Wishing you the best of everything!

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I can't think of a better way to celebrate than doing exactly what you want to do. Enjoy all those yarn lovelies.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Glad it was wonderful! Love that collage! That is right up my alley! Cool yarn too! Love Project Runway! Can't wait to see what you knit up!

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to EWE!! :)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Stacey..... Happy Birthday to You!

So glad you are having an awesome week and day:) Your new yarn is very pretty--I Love Yartini yarn---but then who doesn't:)

12:17 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Happy Birthday!! Spinning is awesome and I absolutely think you should do it. ;)

1:56 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Happy Birthday! What fantastic goodies! I like your philosophy of how birthdays should be spent. :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Oh Happy Birthday, sounds like you know how to pamper yourself;-) Glad you had such a wonderful week.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Happy Happy Birthday. You share one with my son, who just turned 12. I think I might remember 12. Hope you had a great day. Sounds like you did.
Suzanne

11:06 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Happy birthday, and lucky you!!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

What a great birthday - and oh yes, Micki's handspun is totally amazing!!! Lucky girl! Just get a wheel, you will love it! :)

5:32 PM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Wow, wow, wow!! That looks like a fantastic birthday :) And all that yarn *swoon*

11:02 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

Happy Birthday! That yarn is yummier than cake. :D

11:42 AM  
Blogger Risa said...

Happy birthday!!
I just started a beginning drop spindle class yesterday. I still have so much to learn, but it was really exciting. I would recommend it!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Fierce = digitessa? Maybe?

Happy (belated) birthday. Sounds like you had a perfect day, with the perfect accoutrements.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Oh, Happy, Happy (Belated) Birthday!!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful week and day - you deserve it!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Happy Late Birthday! It looks like you had a great day. Enjoy your gifts!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!!


(sorry I'm late!)


And gorgeous yarns! I would buy the Peaknit colorway in every yarn base. It would be fun to have a "blogger" collection.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

6:56 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

so sorry my birthday wishes are late!
looks like it was perfect!!!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

You lucky dog! Look at all that yummy fiber goodness! :) I'm glad you had such a great day!! :) And I love the colors for the BSJ...

11:33 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

ahhhh, Peaknit! I missed your birthday! By a week. Here's a late wish for another year full of love and fun!

It would be rotten of me to mention how disappointed I was that you won Micki's handspun and not me. (Really, if it couldn't go to me, I'd pick you).

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home