Peaknit

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Cleaning...

mamarobin

I think spring is here - evidenced by the robin eggs (and rightfully ornery robin mama above - she had to know I would be documenting her birth experience though, building a nest in the swingset, right?) - but today has been a whirlwind of cleaning. Why is it when I clean I just find more projects to do? I always feel kind of defeated when I am raking the yard wondering when my husband and I should take a vacation day to stain the deck, paint the front door, divide hostas, dig out old bushes, take sticks to the compost yard, mow, weed and trim...holy crap - did I say day? I meant a week of vacation. Did I mention how badly my husband and I work together? I mean a vacation day to stain the house usually leads to a trip to the Original Pancake House - energy food (ha!), and then we wander through Menards, looking for more project crap to do, meanwhile not accomplishing the project crap we already have...oy.

kitchen2

I am in a Kitchen Swap organized by Marisol and my partner is Knittingma. It will be fun, a little kitchen something something, yarn and project to knit, handwritten recipes - sweet and simple! One of the sugestions was to post pictures of our kitchen - and Knittingma got it done, so not to be deemed a slacker - I am posting one of my cluttery kitchen as well as my recipe box...oh, it's my laptop - of course I get most of our quick family dinner ideas from kraftfoods.com...my fancypants Longaberger Recipe box has 3 packs of Hubba Bubba Bubblegum in it - um, a random thing I like to do is eat gum - I know- gross, old habits die hard.

recipebox

12 Comments:

Blogger knittingma said...

Oh, bless that new mama robin's heart. You'll soon be seeing little babies! How adorable.

Your list of things to do has really reminded me of MY list of things to do. Ack. I think I'll just go and eat some ice cream instead. :)

P.S. Your kitchen is very nice, and not cluttery at all! And I really like your snack bar area. Hubba Bubba? I've never heard of it, but it must be delicious. :)

6:48 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

I hope mama and eggs are doing well, and your weather looks just perfect for them. :) Keep us updated!

7:13 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Your "day of chores" sounds a lot like ours...our list is equally as long and often starts...slowly...like yours. :) But I guess, what's the hurry, right? We need to take time to enjoy things too.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Your kitchen is far from "cluttery." It looks like it has amazing light! You mention staining your home - do you live in a log home? Lucky you if so! :)
We so need to do the same thing, but like you, hubby and I aren't always the best at working together! :(

9:03 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Very nice spacious kitchen indeed! Hey can I have one of those Hubba Bubbas? I just remembered how much I liked those and blowing big bubbles:)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When I scrubbed the stove, I kept seeing other things I should do too. But I'm like you, weekends are for enjoying. And Brian and I together are definitely procrastinators!

Great kitchen!

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love that you have that little Robin's nest in your swing. How wonderful will it be to watch that happen?!

PS> Your kitchen is crazy neat!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear, our lists of things to do keep growing and growing too. I just keep my head down and knit instead of working on my list. :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

That Kraft site ROCKS! Love the birdy! I had one make a next in one of those round clear plastic bird feeders that you suction cup to the window one year. We could check on the babies every day without disturbing them. The downside was that I got a wicked case of empty next syndrome when they all few away!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Philigry said...

i just adore that picture of the mama bird.
Hope your spring cleanin goes well! there is alwaus too much that needs to be done!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Eating gum! I was afraid to swallow my gum for year -- my mom told me it could get stuck in my throat or half-way down & I could choke... lol

Your kitchen looks so nice & airy! Love the eat-in counter...my kitchen is teeny!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

That's a cluttery kitchen? I'm in big trouble...

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home