Peaknit

Saturday, March 29, 2008

just like sheep...

vincent

I have unwittingly followed the herd - I had to have some Vincent's Apron Jitterbug. I received my sweetly wrapped package from purl Friday and it seems ADD Knitter got the same one! These socks at Knitting Philistine started the hunt for me, then seeing another project at The Plucky Knitter. Did you follow that? It's kind of like the shell game, huh? It's the latest thing maybe - the depth of color is just awesome and yellow - I mean, since when is yellow the new black? Yum, like buttah.

dantetop

I finished my Dante's purse for a swap pal. This one is made of leftover Noro Iro from a sweater I recently finished, I felted it a bit for a sturdier base - and picked the fabric from my stash. I hope my Punk Rock Gift Exchange pal digs it as much as I do. It's the first one I have made - I feel as though I should mourn the loss of my sewing skills - they just aren't as technical as they once were - when I was a quilter, but then, I wasn't a knitter...perhaps I have found my truer calling? In any case, I think the bag is a charmer - what a great free pattern - thank you! It was fun and simple and as the pattern indicates - Kirstin from Through the Loops!, the designer, provides a recipe - I decide the ingredients. For another, I can see a bright striped Cascade 220 bucket bottom - fulled, with some fun polka dot fabric tucked inside. This project might be a proper candidate for the Pay It Forward I promised.

dante

25 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Your Dante's Purse looks fabulous! I just might need to steal your idea and make one with some of my leftover scraps of 220.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is yummy like buttahscotch. I'm glad I don't knit that many socks or I'd be tempted.

Cute Dante's Purse; I'm sure the recipient will lurve it!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Welcome to the Vincent's Apron club!!!

You sew too? Oh. I'm very impressed.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Lovely Colinette yarn! The Dante's purse is a neat idea -- are you supposed to carry it? It looks more like an excellent project basket to me.

5:58 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I think it is supposed to be a cute little prject bag - I love that you can personalize it to fit any project and personality:)

6:15 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I love the combo of fabric and knitting in that purse - it's delightful! I'm no seamstress, that's for sure, so doubt that it would be on my project list, but it's so very lovely!
I also love that new yarn - what a rich color!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Love the purse, I'm sure the recipient will too.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Okay, you've gone and done it! I have the Dante's Purse on my needles. Started it, then set it down. You have inspired me to pick it up and finish it. I thought of felting slightly too. Yours looks great! Thanks for sharing. What else am I suppose to do with a rainy, Monday morning.
Suzanne

7:33 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Oooo! Now I have new sock project on my list! Love the name, Vincent's Apron, for the yarn!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Oooo! Now I have new sock project on my list! Love the name, Vincent's Apron, for the yarn!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

That purse is so cute! What a fun way to combine knitting and sewing.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it's that Spring is coming. Yellow is calling to me as well. Especially the marigold pattern from Flint Knits. I think that may be next.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Oh my goodness that Dante Purse is awesome. I want one! Oh how I wish I could sew.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

What a great thing that little purse is. I love the crazy textures of the Noro and the fabric. There's one lucky person out there. :-)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

That yarn is pure gold, a real beauty. That sunshine looks so warm.

Love the purse, too, very clever and cute.

2:15 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Oh wow, that bag is awesome! Very cute!

7:32 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

Oh, I'm so in love with that Jitterbug color, as well! I've seen a few pairs of socks made from it, and they're all so gorgeous.

And your bag looks wonderful! :)

P.S. You're my kitchen swap pal. Yay! I don't have a lot of computer time right now, since I'm still on vacation, but I'll be in touch for sure! :)

7:33 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

O.K. I Adore the yarn and the bag! The socks I know I can make... The bag--well its times like this that I wish I had some sewing skills:) That bag rocks! You're pal is one lucky person:)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

It's funny how things make the round of blogs, isn't it? I'm glad ravelry doesn't seem to be changing that. :)

Pretty yellow!!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute!!

2:18 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Isn't that golden yellow just great this season? Love your yarn and the pattern choices! and your Dante's Purse is wonderful!!! : )

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a yummy color - it's so unusual yet eye-catching, I love it! =)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I used to consider myself a somewhat expert on Colinette colors (my LYS owner called me a Colinette 'Ho, but I totally don't recognize this pretty color! Is this your first Jitterbug?

8:19 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Oooh the Dante's purse is lovely!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

I love this bag! Yours turned out wonderful!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home