Peaknit

Thursday, March 20, 2008

pretty pair

First, thank you for all of the thoughtful comments on my Capitan hat and my eldest daughter, she will be eight this week - where does the time go? Anyways, I have to admit my heart was bursting when she hopped off the bus with her hat in hand yesterday - finally, something she'll wear and remember to bring home. shucks.

pretty pair

Today I was blessed with a goodie bag in my mail. I have been admiring HazelKnits for some time, really coveting the chocolatier and beach glass colorways - I had been thinking "what a great pair of Endpaper Mitts these would make..." Even put the skeins in my cart a couple of times before hiding my head and shutting my computer down. I continued to stave off the craving, I resisted. Until I saw Bockstark's Saartje's Bootees - omg. Okay, these darling little boots were the clincher - pushed me over to "gotta have it". So my pretties arrived today - purchased with the spoils from selling off my less loved skeins, I am telling myself its a wash, it doesn't count as a purchase - I consider it "trading up" for things I like a bit more. Whatever floats my boat, right? (Did I mention brown and green are two of the colors for April/ May Project Spectrum? *smirk* )

This weekend my goal is to dig out my sewing machine and ironing board so that I can finish up a Dante's Purse, so charming for a swap pal. A cool free pattern from Through the Loops! Kind of pathetic to imagine me "undigging" the ironing board - I have been so lazy, if it has to be ironed, I aint wearing it. It's probably not a bad adage to live by...but khaki short pants season is upon us - I mean, once the 8" of snow we are expected to get overnight melts...I swear to God I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on this damn winter though - I'm positive March will go out like a lamb...right?

21 Comments:

Blogger KnittyLynn said...

Darn you! Those colors are amazing and I can't wait to see your endpaper mitts!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Yummy yarn - especially the brown! Aren't those booties the cutest? I wouldn't have resisted this long if I had a bootie sized baby still, that's for sure.

I'm crossin' my fingers the snow stays light for ya'. We had a day of the unpleasant side of midwest spring, here. Mud & WIND. Oy, it takes your breath away -- literally!

I'm glad your daughter held onto her hat -- she is a sweetie!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love brown and blue together! I have a similar combo set aside for anemoi mittens. Great minds, right?

10:13 PM  
Blogger sheepish one said...

truly. your endpaper mitts will be truly beautiful. i can't wait to see them all knit up!!

11:37 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

Can't wait to see your mitts! You will probably make me wanna knit them too!!! :)

3:01 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I love those colors together too! Yum.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I love that color combo. When I was shopping for yarn the other day for a purse that I'm knitting, I ALMOST picked this color combo, and then I MADE myself branch out to something else - because I just love blue/brown!
The thing about March....it was so windy yesterday, I blew into my patients' homes! Here's hoping!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Jennie said...

Can't wait to see you knit up those lovely colorways. I definitely like your thinking. :) Trading up.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE those colors together. Lovelovelovelovelove. They will make some amazing Endpapers!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty yarn! I love the colors together!

11:26 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

I love those colors together. That's a prefect project for stranding knitting. Plus I think that yarn will be perfect, my endpapers have alpaca and they're always getting stuck on things!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

soooooo pretty! I can't wait to admire your endpaper mitts.

fyi: your link for Dante's Purse goes to Bockstark's booties....

8:09 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Oops! Thank for the tip - I have fixed my link:) As long as you might wander over...look at Kirsten's cool dyed eggs using brown eggs - so rich and rustic.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

i was browsing your previous posts, and wow! i am so jealous of your stash:o) good choices!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

Hang in there. March WILL go out like a lamb. Endpaper mittens will be so dramatic in those colors. Oh, I have been lazy. I missed catching the hat until today. I really really think that is special.

2:09 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

Oh my goodness. That. yarn. is. beautiful. Swoon. It would definitely make a rockin' pair of Endpapers.

I'm with you about the snow. Come on, Mother Nature. It's Easter for crying out loud. No more snow, okay? :)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Hmmm these are gorgeous colors! Spring for sure and there is nothing like a fresh burst of color to counteract all the white snow...

11:10 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Gorgeous yarns, can't wait to see what you make with them!

9:21 PM  
Blogger cheryl said...

That is an incredible color combination - really how could you resist? Whatever you make out of that lovely yarn will be wonderful!
Here's hoping for spring with you!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Oh Peaknit, when will I ever learn to stop sneakin' peeks at your blog? Now I feel I HAVE to have the Chocolatier by Hazelknits... NOW! You are so helpful to provide a quick and easy link. What a sweet enabler you are. The ironing board? Ughh...I don't buy anything that needs to be ironed. Sadly, my boys have developed a preferences for collarded button up (button down?)(button all around?) shirts and the ironing board has been reappearing. While I am happy to see the stupid saying t-shirts go to the bottom of their drawers, I have to say I miss my simpler laundry days.

10:49 AM  
Blogger MRS MJW said...

oh how pretty. are you planning on knitting them together? i love brown and turquoise together.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home