Peaknit

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

yarn candy

Okay, I have gone over a month without Pull-n-Peel Twizzlers, so I am making mostly good on my lenten promises but I did recently slip and buy some indie yarn. I am forgiving myself because I bought it entirely with the proceeds of sales from my stash via Ravelry - so its a wash, right? (please enable me and nod here) I got them today and had to share. And today I positively had it up to my eyeballs so took the afternoon off to relax - if I can't have a swimming pool with a swim-up bar, I'll take great yarn...

First is The Plucky Knitter - if you haven't read her blog, you just should. I think everyone would like a friend like this woman - she sounds too fun. And her yarn - omg. I had resisted but then saw so many beautful colorways over at Ravelry - I could resist no more.

pluckygoodness
Shropshire Merino Superwash Fingering

I'm kind of a purple junkie and my gosh, love the vibrant lavendar next to the browns.

pluckycashmere
Rosamund 80/20 Merino DK

Wowza, so soft and snuggly, I think it could make a beautiful little set for a baby, or some fingerless mitts, or whatever - for now, I would like to hang it off my keychain, a lucky rabbit's foot of sorts to rub at will. Why didn't I buy both skeins? doh!

pigeonroof
Pigeonroof Studios fingering merino Autumn Cherry Light

Kirsten of Through the Loops!was right - she said I would love it. All I can say is, why didn't I love it sooner? Kirsten recently knit Ring of Fire socks, her own design, in the Pinklady colorway - lovely! I confess I surfed right over to Woolgirl to admire some more. Just looking.


I really am not a Noro hater after my last post, promise - I love Noro, I love the Clapotis I made from silk garden - but the sock yarn, not so much. I encourage anyone who is looking for something different and new to try the sock yarn - I was very on the fence all through the process, but I do love the colorway - just the texture is funky to me. Maybe smaller needles would have given me a fabric more to my liking? I'm far too "ready to move on" to rip out the whole thing though - a picot cuff? I would never frog picot.:) I'm so selfish with my time...I only frog if I see no other option to be honest - selfish or lazy? In any case - if your curious please try it - I found it a bit cheaper on ebay *wink*.

One last little bit for Madison area peeps - Jodi Picoult is coming to Border's on University Ave. tomorrow night - it sounds as though "due to her popularity" people can start getting "line tickets" at 9am for her 7pm discussion and book signing for her new book. I'm a little verklempt as my sister and I try to work out a way to weasel to the West side for those tickets at 9 am - in any case, maybe I 'll see you there?

15 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bee said...

Thanks for the heads up on Jodi. I have emailed her after I've read each of her books and she always emails back. What a nice lady. Wish I could meet her in person, but it's not in the cards this time around. Run! Don't walk! To get her new book!!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

I maintain that your Noro socks are awfully pretty, though the texture may be weird. Can't wait to see what you do with the new yarn! I think you were fully justified in buying it. :)

5:45 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Pretty, pretty yarn! I agree...that lavender is really nice in that one yarn. And that bright blue yarn is gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing your yarn score! :)

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, you MUST find a way to see Jodi Piccoult. A work friend went to see her and couldn't stop raving about what a great speaker she is and how much fun they had. In fact, it prompted me to start reading her books, which I love.

Second, lovely sock yarn. So nice. And third, thanks for all the links.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Mmmm... I always love Plucky Knitter yarns! So soft, and such gorgeous colors. Have fun at the book event -- that's the Borders that has the dangerous icicles, so be careful!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so funny. I was just in that Borders yesterday and I saw that huge display for Jodi Picoult and her signing. I have to hear about it if you go! I picked up that book and then read that the mother loses a child and more tragedy ensues...see, more depressing stuff.

I have to get a grip on that because I am missing out on so many books:)
Maybe someday.

Love, love the yarn. Thanks for sharing, you lucky girl.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Stacey, you are going to laugh. That last comment from "Ben" is from me! That is so funny. Somehow my son had his name on for the comment and I just noticed it as I was clicking off.

Sorry for the accessive commenting.

Susie "Ben" Anderson

7:57 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You are so sweet! I'm blushing. Thank you so much and I'm thrilled that you like the yarn.

And, you soooo can buy yarn with destash money - that's what it's for! Guilt free yarn.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty, pretty yarn!

11:31 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

That Plucky is gorgeous. And yes, I think it's definitely okay that you used your Rav money to buy new yarn. It's pretty much like trading, right? :)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Oh yes, those Plucky yarns are yummy! I've got bunches of them filling up my stash.

Glad you took the plunge on Pigeonroof's yarns. You're going to love knitting them.

Thanks for the mention.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

How funny that we all demonstrate the same behavior.. I thought it was just me oggling that pink lady sock yarn after seeing those amazing socks on through the loops:)

3:59 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

Such yummy yarn candy! I love purple yarn, but I realized while reading your post that I hardly ever buy any. Hmmm, must correct this problem soon. :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Woman; you put my yarn buying spree to shame! lol

And ravelry $$ is like paypal $$ -- it doesn't count as "real" bills/budget $$. ;)

-Carolynn, your friendly neighborhood yarn enabler

9:05 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Droolin' over that yarn candy...

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home