Peaknit

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

a photo finish(ed object)

evangeline2

It's tough to take a picture of your own hand with a fancy pants camera that you don't know how to use properly. Hence, this is as good as it gets - home alone today with the last dregs of the flu bug, I finished a second Evangeline. I need them for Friday, for someone special - aren't those cables grand? Maybe I won't be able to part with them? Good to have some suspense in case someone special might be reading. em.

evangeline

I chose this project after seeing Tiennie's fabulous gang of them - many, many lovely, inspiring pairs. I have only one pair to show for myself but I did modify it a bit, only the number of repeats as the pattern is perfect - I chose to do less repeats then the elbow length but more that the wrist length version called for. My special giftee is an avid walker and with spring coming I was looking for something fingerless and fun but also long enough to sneak up a coat sleeve, hate that little draft when mittens and coats don't have a proper relationship.

I think I also chose this project because of the name - Evangeline, a dear sweet scullery maid in Nanny McPhee - the name just charmed me, the character had me at "hello" - a woman of commitment and sacrifice - kind of like the giftee - hmmm, can you guess?

I love that the colorway compliments Project Spectrum and the curved cables are somewhat reminiscent of Valentine's day - something sugary sweet indeed.

21 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I love these! They're so pretty, and the bright red is so cheery :)

2:21 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

they look fabulous!!!
i really want a pair for myself!!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

They look great, love the color. The cables really pop out with that color :-) Lucky recipient!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

These are wonderful! Love the pattern and the color. Maybe I'll try a set when I can get to my knitting stuff! Or...I could buy some stuff....No! Down Girl!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love them! My favorite color!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

What a gorgeous color! They look amazing against that white snowy background:)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Amazing color! And just beautiful cables! What a lucky recipient!

5:18 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that red--when I hear 'Evangeline' I think of the Longfellow poem and the legend of Evangeline, the betrothed Cajun girl...

5:27 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Those are gorgeous. What pretty cables.

Hope you feel better soon!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

So pretty! I thought I'd had enough of mitts -- for a few months at least -- but now I'm not so sure...

7:14 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

How pretty! And both red & hearts; clever. ;)

9:15 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Gorgeous! They looks so cheerful out in the winter landscape. Speedy recovery.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Those are beautiful! Love the color and the cable work!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on these! Thanks for the nice words about mine.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

ohhhh me too!!! I am working my way through a pair of these right now..... jinx....lol

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! They fit perfectly and the color is so vibrant and cheerful!

7:32 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

So very pretty! I'm sure your special gift-ee will love them. :)

9:16 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Really pretty mittens! That is a neat cable. :)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job! The color looks so amazing in the snow.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

So pretty. They do look edible!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Those look so soft and comfy - I'm jealous of your friend! Nicely done.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home