Peaknit

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

gettin' by with a little help from my friends...

Getting by. That's the best I can do at the moment. This winter is just dragging on something ridiculous, I have too much going on at work and the days are just too short. My "friends" would be two tubes of lipstick - (BOGO at Walgeens) that darn near match my La Digitessa colorway - I am hoping that lipstuff will help me feel gussied up enough tomorrow to face another below zero day. Aught to just brighten this pasty winter blah dontcha think?

Another thing that helps on a crummy day...

berrytini

This is my Yarn4Socks installment of Yarntini - doesn't it looks like you should put a little umbrella in it, tune into some steel guitars and swim up to the bar for another? Wicked delicious. I ended up missing out on the first round of packages, I think I just got missed - so Yarn4Socks quickly sent me another. Did you see they have some yarn by The Woolen Rabbit teaming with Anne from the Knitspot for their April offering? Just letting you know - consider it a public service:)

I'm working away on my Stalkers - they seem to be my lunch time project for now. I am also working on some Evangelines by night. Just kind of immediate gratification, slightly relaxing knitting for now. It is helping to have low expectations as this season wears on. I'm getting by.

I did finish another book - Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult - another winner, it wasn't The Pact - but good. This author seems to routinely choose a culture to explore...Wiccan, Native American, Eskimo, Amish - this time the backstory was religion - very compelling. A child who is experiencing unexplained religious ecstasy, stigmata - curious. I would say reading is a nice, quiet way to divert cabin fever.

One last thing - I am in love with this vest (in Parrot?) after seeing The Plucky Knitter wearing it - the yarn looks so squooshable. It makes me think I haven't given Fleece Artist a fair shake, maybe a study in Fleece Artist is in order. Remember, not a yarn diet - just being mindful and I have a MIND FULL! *giggle*

12 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Oh my - I love that Yarntini! She has fabulous colorways. I've yet to "aquire" some of it though.
Lunch time knitting? What a novel idea! I don't even get a lunch time anymore! :(
I agree with your assessment of Jodi Piccoult's writing.
Right now, I'm enjoying "The Kite Runner." A little late, I know!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I love all the sock yarn I see posted on blogs but I've never bought any on line yet. Today I got my very first ever order from Knitpicks :-) I ordered some yarn to make a top out of Knitted Lingerie, now I just need to wait for the book to arrive from Amazon, hopefully later this week.
I have JP's book The Pact on my shelf to read, just got through A Thousand Splendid Suns, right on time for our book club meeting tomorrow.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Honey, I tried million things/stuff to prevent my lips from wrinkling and drying out, but only thing helps is calendula grease!

Yarnitit yarn is soooo wintery and icey - love it!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

hey that is one gorgeous skein of yarntini! You have the best yarntini collection man!

Anne and Kim make the best team! Kim's yarns at the woolen rabbit are so pretty and soft --and well Anne is such an amazing desginer--I guess i should go take a looksey:)

As for the vest--that is a really nice find! You know it looks so much prettier in person than on the fleece artist photo. I will have to keep my eye out for this tomorrow at stitches....

As for the lips --I am thinking Carmex? Its been a while but I do remember this being very theraputic.

12:56 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

GORGEOUS yarntini.
and that vest is so great...........i too am in love with it.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ohhh. That yarntini is so pretty! Yes, I hear the steel drums too. Over here on this side of the lake things are getting beyond tedious - I feel your pain. The cure??? Knit yourself one of those vests! I'm plugging away on my raspberry/pink-ish one today.

Stay warm!

Oh... and for cracked lips - I put that super paste-y Eucerin cream on them every night (on my feet too and then put socks on)... wake up in the morning, super soft!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Okay, now I think I'm also in love with that vest. It doesn't help that the yarn looks so yummy and the colorways are out of this world beautiful. I might have, accidentally of course, just added it to my ravelry queue.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty yarn! I've only read one of her books so far so thanks for the recommendation.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Yarntini heaven, again. Jealous again, too:)

6:30 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

"Mind Full"... *snort* *laugh* Nice! I've been pretty "mind full" lately, as well -- I just bought a swift & winder off ebay & *ahem* have received waaay too much yarn in the mail this week (with more on it's way!). :)

Any lipstick that color has GOT to brighten your day! I love deep red & burgundy colors with just a hint of brown in them.

We still have tons of ice, but it was nice enough to walk to my ds1's preschool today to pick him up -- it sure is beautiful when the sun is shining!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Oh man, I got the fever too. Can't wait to see some green grass! Let's see, I think I have until mid April for that. You too right?

I saw that vest on Plucky Knitter too - really cute!

That yarn is such a pretty blue! It does just take you away to a happier place!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Sorry to hear the weather is (STILL!) kicking your butt.

I love that vest pattern, and your yarn choice. Only a few more weeks until Lent is over, right?

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home