Peaknit

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Talk about making MY day!

I almost hate to write another post after several days of basking in the kind comments over my Clapotis - thank you. I love this wrap and it has fetched some surprisingly warm comments from friends and co-workers too. Wow, I knit something practical that wasn't a sock or a hat.

BEM121707

First of all, I admit, I have not bought any yarn this month, not one ounce. However, I did treat myself to the Knit Picks Options Harmony Wood interchangable set (gosh, say that 10 times fast). I purchased yarn last month for the Tangled Yoke Swetaer and looked through my needle collection - realizing that I did not own the correct needles - I needed a 4 and 5 40" circular. So I pondered. And then I squandered and got those darn needles. It was like the song of the siren.

They showed up today - can I say, they are beautiful? I had bought the Harmony dpn's after shamelessly admiring a set that Auntly H of Beyond Your Peripheral Vision had this summer...and they turned out to be, hands down, the best dpns ever. I have such a tight knitting tension that I routinely have broken dpns in the past - no more. I even bought two sets of my favorite size thinking, naturally I wil break them - but then they even send you 6 just in case - wow. The point is wonderful, the feel of the wood is warm, they are a beauty to behold. I am expecting to fall in love with the interchangables in the same manner - but I'll get back to you if I find any different.

Secondly, last night I stumbled upon the Drops Jacket...I looked at every one, all 307 of them, over at Ravelry. And I discovered that I even have yarn - in my stash - that is perfect. I started swatching up some Rowan Cork. I had bought it years ago for a project, and it was all wrong (it should have been Calmer) so it has been languishing. Rowan, sitting unloved - doesn't your heart ache a little at the thought? So this jacket seems like it could be a good sweater-novice project (or sweater greenhorn as it were). Almost every person that has knitted this project has commented how much they love it and actually wear it - sold. And it's alleged to be fast - sold! And I can use my new #11 Harmony circular - sold! So more on that as I get the show on the road.

I am wearing my Yarntini Lost colorway Monkey socks today - because well, season premiere! OMG, I think I have waited an eternity. A co-worker turned me on to a little clip on Itunes that is supposed to fill in some blanks - so I'll be sure to check that out before I snuggle up tonight with my Drops swatch and an adult beverage. I feel like I am watching the first moon landing - it's ridiculous, but I love it!
29637
Sorry Charlie

makemydayawardsmall
And lastly, you fabulous bloggers make my day, every day. I received an award from Molly Bee, MLE Knits, dear, kind (Lost loving) Marisol of Purls Just Wanna Have Fun and Sandra of Stay at Home Knit. Let me say, I am totally humbled. I have gotton so many nice comments during my blog tenure *giggle*, and I am still thrilled by each one. Blogging has brought so much pleasure to my free time - I have learned so many hints and tips about knitting, cooking, reading - I'm amazed. After being nominated for this wonderful award - I in turn need to nominate 10 others - wow, only ten?

So here goes...

Susan B. Anderson for having such a warmth about her. Her kindness radiates from her books and her darling baby projects.

Knitterella for spunk and fun and colors and creativity!

Chicken Knits for having such great taste in projects, having a fabulous yarn stash and honest sense of humor.

Photodee for the most fabulous photographs and her thoughtful and insightful questions.

The Knitting Bandit for being edgy and funny - and a down-to-earth rockin' mom!

Tiennie for her wonderful flow of finished objects and exuded kindness.

Yarntini who is often too busy to blog because she is always creating new vibrant indie colorways for us knitters. She has been so generous and kind - she was there when I knit my second sock.

Yarn Ball Boogie for being so intensely cool.

Minerva Turkey for inspiration - and Alan Dart's Gnome!

Knitting Kris for being so real and her recent Baby Surprise Jacket!

The ADD Knitter because she is funny and writes like I bet she talks!

Oos that's 11 and I am not done yet - I enjoy each othe bloggers who nominated me - thank you for the compliment! And I could go on and on - too many of you make my day to mention! I'd like to cut and paste my whole Bloglines over - I hope you all know who you are.

p.s. I have finished my Yarntini Cherry Cordial Socks - a photo will soon follow. If the sun ever comes out again in Wisconsin. The Sun'll come out to-morrow (or the next day? or the next day? or the next day? how about the next day?....)

16 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Wow! I've never been nominated for a blog award! I'm so honored (blushes). Thank you! You really do inspire me as a working mom/wife, knitting guru, and downright intelligent woman. It's always a pleasure to read your blog! Tackling those bigger projects is a GIANT step - Knit on!

5:47 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh my, you make OUR day... Thanks so much, right back atcha, sister!

Cork will be perfect, I love that yarn, one o' my Rowan faves. It is so light so it will be perfect, can't wait to see that one. And once you knit it from 100% from stash I will have a special medal, just for you...

5:53 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Beautiful Needles --Let me know how they feel after working on your first sweater--I hear that they have the perfect grip slick enough but just right at the same time. Hmmm First Sweater, Lost Premiere, Adult Beverages... very very exciting indeed!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

No, YOU make my day! Peaknit, thank you so much for the compliment! You really do make my day too!

I haven't watched Lost since season one - I just never jumped back into it - maybe tonight I should. Would probably be a lot better than watching The Donald.

Ooo, I love that Drop Jacket - I might have to knit along with ya!

6:39 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Never really got on the Lost bandwagon, maybe I should add it to my Netflix list! Keep me posted on the needles and how they work. I am so proud of you, that you did not buy yarn!!!!!!

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! You totally deserve the award!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jersey Shore Deb said...

I just started reading your blog--I am pining to do a Clapotis with Noro (now in the middle of my first Noro experience, and I'm loving it on the Lizzy Cardigan); and I have just decided to to Tangled Yoke too! What yarn will you be using?
I have the Knitpicks Options and am dying to get the Harmony set of tips too!
So much in common!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You deserve that award!

Can't wait to hear what you think of the Harmony interchangeable needles. I've been holding off on them.

I have Rowan marinating in my stash for the Drops jacket, too -- Rowanspun Aran in a nice tweedy brown.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny, but I have never knitted a stinkin' thing, yet I still find your blog totally inspiring. Perhaps I'm a bit biased since I am your sister and all, but honestly I LOVE your blog. Keep cranking out your beautiful creations sis. (I got two compliments on my pink scarf today!)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

The Drops jacket looks like it's a great knit! Good luck with your first (?) sweater-- I'm sure you'll do great :)

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your noms! I'm feeling stingy for not paying it forward last week.

I love my harmony circs I recieved last month. They have exceptional points, perfect for La Digitessa. Good luck with the Drops!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

You're on my list, too, Stacey. I have told you again and again how much I love your blog.
I have an orange sweater that I knitted out Cork and I love it. It is a good orange and that yarn has a great feel, not heavy.
Wow, you even get a comment from your sister! Now I might have to order a set of those needles just to keep up with you.
susie

5:18 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

OOOh I just love LOST, and I cried again last night when they showed Charlie dying:-( Awesome show.
I like the Clapotis but I don't have the urge to knit one, I'm all in to knitting kiddy stuff right now, although I would like to try and make something for myself sometime soon.
Have a great weekend.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! You make my day too!!!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Lovemook said...

oy oy oy.... there is a another reason why i like you... I AM ALSO A L. O. S. T. ADDICT@!!!!! I do feel bad for Charlie, but I am grateful to L O S T GOD/monster for keeping Sawyer around, because he is delicious. Is my husband around, because I think he h eard me say that Sawyer is delicious...here I go again...

7:45 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I'm speechless. I'm touched. Now I feel even more guilty for being so far behind in my blog reading and writing. You are one of my "must read" blogs whenever I fing the time anymore because you make my day! I love to see what pretties you've knit and try to withstand the temptation of whatever yarn you're loving!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home