Peaknit

Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm giddy!

I have 5 books on the way to me from Paperback Swap - I'm giddy. I am expecting Emma & Me by Elizabeth Flock, The Center of Everything by Laura Moriarty (she wrote The Rest of Her Life that I recently blathered about), The Bride Stripped Bare by Nikki Gemmell (since I finally remembered the title after looking at it for the umpteenth time at Target), The Red Tent by Anita Diamant after seeing it recommended on Chicken Knits and by my mother-in-law some time ago, and A Ship Made of Paper by Scott Spencer. Wow, that's a stack of books. I'm giddy. I'm giddy that they will be more less free since I have sent off as many - so for $2.31, the price of postage and confirmation per, I get a book - woo hoo.

My mom wants a Bainbridge Scarf in teal or aqua - I had given her a "coupon" to knit her a little something of her choosing for x-mas - rather than make her something she might not exactly like. I am half way throught some fabulous broken rib since her request came via text message this morning. And teal - omg, stash knitting, fabulous, squooshy stash knitting, baby! I am giddy!

sheepshop

I have three takers for my Pay It Forward - I. AM. GIDDY!

I had a very good day. I had Cold Stone today. Coke Zero was on sale at Target. The Dallas Cowboys lost, and the Packers have beat the Giants before - thus better Green Bay Superbowl odds. I got a gorgeous Jones New York Sweater with more cables than I can count for $22. Tomorrow is Monday. WTF? I am freaking giddy people! *weeee*

And last but not least, it is 8:47 p.m. and my children are sleeping - not just in bed but sleeping, out, silent. *whisper...I am giddy* nighty night...

giddy-up

18 Comments:

Blogger Marisol said...

Fun, fun, fun and great deals all around! Quick go buy a Lotto ticket:)

9:26 PM  
Blogger KnittyLynn said...

Yay Pack! I swear Milwaukee is going insane..
And it sounds like a good karma day for you. :)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

LOL, I wish you would post a photo of your feeling giddy. :-p

2:58 AM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

Isn't it fun to have a day like that?!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

hee hee! That's fantastic!

I'm with Elem, I want a pic of you.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

You are too funny!! Glad you had a great day!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

That a great idea. A 'Knitting Coupon.' That way you wouldn't be wasting time knitting something for someone that they might not want at all. I love the coupon idea!

7:37 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Looks like you had a great day!! When I finish reading my next stack of books I've got to get them on that paperbook swap!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

The coupon is a wonderful idea! :) I'm kinda sad the cowboys lost (no wait -- hear me out!). We don't watch football much here, but last night dh turned it on & ds1 (who will be 5 in a couple week) sat down & started watching. We told him to pick a team & he liked the stars on the helmet. When he went to bed the cowboys had *just* lost the lead...I thought it would be cool if they won; he would have been so excited! But alas; they suck, so they lost (lol).

8:44 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had such a happy day! Those are the best :)

11:11 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I can't believe I'm writing this...(I am Vikings girl all the way), but I am happy about the Packers going to the championship game--next week's match-up in Green Bay is going to be AWESOME!!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I have got to find out more about the book swap thing! What a great idea/concept! I've been lost in the blogsphere with the funeral preparations for my friend.
Wish I'd made it for your pay it forward contest!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the Red Tent! Enjoy!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been hitting PBS pretty hard lately too. I'll have to blog about it tomorrow. I love that site. Such a great idea! Thanks for telling us about it.

I'm so glad you have that great giddy feeling/

12:17 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

love the whole post and your giddyness!! :)
oh. i would love some cold stone right about now! :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Yea for happy days!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Red Tent-one of my all-time faves! You'll love it. Love your book reviews, I know I've said it before. Very clever with the coupon, I may have to steal that idea. That scarf is cute too, with the tie. Thanks for the link.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What a great day!

I love your book recommendations. As far as books go... I just finished Rhett Butler's People - fully expecting to not like it. But I did. I really, really did.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home