Peaknit

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hello winners! And some holiday loot!

Yesterday I used a random number generator to pick my two winners for the Dirty Wow Wow contest. A copy of the book goes to Aline over at Laine de Bergere - she was a new commenter, and she said it is the first contest she has entered! Yay! Some yarn goes to Christine, my blogless friend from the East Coast, the yarn will need to be negotiated. So, someone who I have known on-line for awhile and someone brand spankin' new - that makes me feel great! Thank you to everyone who played along and offered up their own warm fuzzy story about a childhood lovie, I truly enjoyed reading every one.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I sure did. I have had the last two days off and let me just say, I take "long winters' nap" too literally. I don't do well when my time is unstructured - further evidence why I would not make a good stay at home mom - I would never get out of my jammies and the kids would eat waffles for every meal. I'll head back to work tomorrow just for a day - the reality check I will need to survive 4 more days off.

Anyways, I did get some terrific yarn from my husband and sister - I got some Sundara from DH. Charcoal over Crimson - nice, the picture is pretty close. Very rich and lots of color depth.

sundaraxmas

And the crowning jewel, as it was last year, was from my sister. Direct from Yarntini herself - who literally just had a baby - sweet Babytini. I got a skein of Susie's Itty Bitty Susan, delicious like sweet tarts and two skeins of 100% cashmere in my "signature" Peaknit colorway - bubble gum pink - I feel so humble to have a pretty pink named after my blog. Gosh, what will it all become? I have never even held cashmere like this in my hand, like feathers - suggestions welcome - I know not what knit is worthy enough for such fanciness.

yarntinichristmas

16 Comments:

Blogger sharon said...

Oh yarny goodness!! Deliciously yummy, but not allowed in my house unless already ordered/paid for or gifted. arrgghh
Looks like lots of fun, even if didn't win!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

You got some very sweet yarn for Christmas.....do you have projects all picked out yet? So yummy!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

I absolutely Adore these two dyers Sundara and Yarntini! But then again who doesn't? Man I sure would like to get my hands on some more yarntini --its so hard to come by. How do you do it?

Congratulations to the Winners!

10:59 PM  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Catching up on your posts - happy happy holidays to you!

11:15 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Yay! Thanks for having the contest Stacey, and I think I should have your family buy my x-mas gifts :) Yarn thoughts to come...

4:51 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Awesome loot! Your DH is a keeper just simply for the fact that he even knows what Sundara is!!!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

Wow, what wonderful yarn. I am green with envy. Bold and vibrant and carassable cashmere. I am gnashing my teeth.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh my....such beautiful yarn crack! I lurve that Sundara yarn!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

What yummy yarn!! Your fam should give mine some lessons... ;) It's way cool that you have yarn named after your blog! :D

And on the waffle thing -- that would never happen -- you see, for dinner your dh would be home & in order to save face you would cook something (don't ask me how I know lol)...

5:54 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Happy New Year Peaknit :)
I'm a sahm, and I have to say there's many a day I'm tempted to stay in my jammies! I'm only motivated to dress by the thought someone might knock at the door.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oooh, such pretty yarn! Sundara yarn is always so nice :)

1:59 AM  
Blogger knittingma said...

That yarn is gorgeous. What a Merry yarny Christmas you had!

7:51 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Oooooh, I saw you got that Yarntini on Ravelry the other day! I'm drooling!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Aline said...

Lovely yarn. Makes for a special Xmas indeed. Thanks again for the book and link to my blog...maybe I will get some visitors? Yipee!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

I am so completely jealous of that Babytini! Yay for Jessie on her new baby. I'll have to send her something. Seriously, I need to know what you are making with your itty-bitty susan so I can copy you. You are the queen of picking out just the right pattern. Hats are the best to knit for quick fun, I agree!
Happy Holidays.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice loot! But how can you go wrong with Sundara and Yarntini??!?!?!

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home