Peaknit

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Foliage and a little bit of this and a little bit of that...

foliage

I finished Foliage for a friend for the upcoming holidays - it's hard to mkae out the detials on my daughter's little noggin, but I think it will be perfect for my girlfriend. Nice and cozy in Classic Elite Waterlily yarn. What a quick and simple knit.

foliage crown

I Christmas shopped today and have determined holiday shopping is like Chinese food for me - the more I eat, the more I have left on my plate somehow...I shop, yet my list never seems to get shorter - I shop in true ADD form, flit from this to that and nothing on my list gets check off. I am sure that I making progress but I need to wrap and check off my list so I can feel some accomplishment.

I was, however, pretty excited to get one silly thing for my daughter. Anyone have a daughter who loves Hannah Montana? Well, Disney is releasing a Hannah 3-d movie for one week in February and you can pre-order your tickets - what a fun mommy-daughter day, and an event I can gift for the holidays from just me. (and it's waaaay cheaper than the thousands of dollars parents are paying for live concert tickets - holy crap) I also picked up the Hannah CD, got some Hannah stickers and a gift bag. I think young girls are into HM... I think there is something special about this little girl, she is a positive role model for now - Miley Cyrus - even Oprah said so!

20071121_101_350x263

15 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Your Foliage hat is very cute. What a wonderful Christmas gift!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Beautiful hat! Want to come and knit some for me to give? Hee hee!
It is hard to find a good role model for young girls....Miley seems to be on target, as you say, FOR NOW! Let's hope she'll stay that way!

4:57 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

The hat it lovely and it's good to know that it's quick and easy to knit as I'm definitely in need of quick easy gifts to knit this year!

5:44 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Isn't 'Waterlily' such a great yarn? Also, my 10 y.o. daughter is in to HM as well. I have to say that I like her too and am somewhat embarrassed to find myself enjoying her show!;)

6:32 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

What a great hat! I love it in that green. The recipient is very lucky.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Isn't that a great hat? Your version is beautiful. I'll have to try that yarn. You have the best models!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your hat. Very cute!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Foliage turned out lovely :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely colorway for the Foliage hat! Looks great!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Love that hat! Good for you for getting some shopping done. Hope you see that you did get a lot off your list!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

lovelly!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

Very cute hat. Wish I had more time for Xmas knitting this year...

Blessings!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Foliage looks so nice! Good luck with the other Christmas gifting :)

1:36 PM  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Great hat! HM is one of the shows my kids watch that I can actually tolerate. She's a cutie.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Foliage is gorgeous. :) Hannah is popular around here, as well. I saw a Billy Ray Cyrus interview the other day & love his parenting philosophy -- I think Miley has a decent chance. Enjoy the movie!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home