Peaknit

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

This Sock (wait for it...) ROCKS!

belvedere2

Introducing "Belvedere" designed and knit expressly for me by Kirsten over at Through the Loops as part of a swap. Her pictures are so much more fabulous - I think I can easily say I have been knit for by a knitting Rock Star! What a neat, generous, thoughtful swap package. The sock alone is amazing - it's hard to see the details in my photos - but twisted rib cuff, a 24 line chart, not to mention professional pattern and design work. She even wrote this for my favored dpn method when she typically writes for two circulars - how unselfish. Peek over at Kirtsen's blog and you will see she is no stranger to pattern design. She has people test knitting the Belvedere as she plans to offer the pattern. (um, did I say "wow"?)

I could not have tailored a more perfect sock for myself - the fit is exquisite. It is knit in Socks that Rock in Brick - and my task is to now knit the other one. I hope to cast on this weekend, I can hardly wait! I'm still feeling a bit overwhelmed. The rest of the goodie bag was equally thoughtful - and color coordinated. Anyone who knows me - knows that I truly appreciate symmetry and coordination - Kirsten's attentiveness to detail was not lost on me.

sslm

Kirsten's package also included 3 sizes of dpn - #1, #1.5 and #2 - wow. I am a tight knitter so I will start on #2's but how wonderful to see I have lots of choices. She also sewed a knitting project bag (with an i-cord pull) and she included a skein of Araucania in a beautiful heathery blue. (again - may I just say "wow"?)

belvedere1

My pal in this particular swap was Jazz over at Crumbs and Co - I knit the Embossed Leaves sock - which pales in comparison, but for the record, I loved the Sundara yarn and EL pattern with my whole heart. :)

21 Comments:

Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

Ooh U R a lucky girl! I was admiring that sock on Kirsten's blog! She is quite the designer! Very nice! Good luck knitting the second one! That seems like such a fun swap!

5:30 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Wow looks like you got an awesome sock, I have some yarn that would look perfect with that pattern, I can't wait until she releases it.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

Lucky me I got to squish it. The picture is wonderful...you can really see the pattern. That camera is working out great

6:37 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Gorgeous!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Really great sock! I just love the color! It looks really "rich."
Loved your 36 questions on your last post too!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I'm glad to hear it fits!! We are all rather big footed in this house so I was hard to tell if I'd gotten it right.

9:00 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Wow, that is so cool! I love the stitch pattern on that sock!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

This is one of most beautiful stitch design I've seen latelly! Great work as always Stacey!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Wow, that's one stunningly designed sock! You're one lucky girl!

3:10 AM  
Blogger nj2 said...

I love the sock and the yarn she sent is one of my absolute faves. I have at least 4 skeins of it in my stash at this very moment. If you haven't used it before, you will love the way it works up. You are indeed a very lucky person.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous sock! It'll be so fun knitting the second one. Pretty, pretty yarn to work with!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

What a gorgeous sock and an equally fantastic swap package! I'm sure missing the toasty toes swap about now. *sigh*

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky - Lucky girl! That sock is Magnificent!!!!

Love everything about it! The project bag is pretty cool too:)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I'm getting quite in to socks now, I wish I'd been able to join this swap, it looks so much fun. Love the sock you received.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Wow! Beautiful! I'm so jealous; I saw that sock on Kirsten's blog the other day; I'll definitely be grabbing that pattern as soon as it's available & moving it to the top of my sock knitting que. :)

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Yay for an amazing sock knitted by Kirsten. Enjoy your goodies and knitting the mate!

12:26 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh........i love your package!!!
lucky, lucky gal!!!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Yay! I watched this sock being knitted-- you're a lucky gal :) I'm sure you'll do a great job knitting up the mate.

4:03 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

That's such a pretty sock pattern!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Wendie / monkey loves oliver said...

That sock does rock! The color is just gorgeous and the pattern - wow! Lucky you! I adore the sock blocker too - so cute!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How totally awesome that you got a sock designed for you! Too cool.

I'd totally put that pattern in my queue when it becomes available.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home