Peaknit

Sunday, October 14, 2007

mopey dopey sunday

It kind of feels like a slow motion Sunday - it's so dreary out, the rain is steadily hitting the windows. Kind of perfect a pre-fall day in my mind's eye. It was still dark at 7 am, nice to enjoy the peace of the house before enjoying the Peace of The House. But now, it's time for cleaning and laundry, kind of lazy in between. Wash the dishes, rest, throw in another load of whites, rest, sweep the floor, rest...can you guess my meaning of perfect? It's between the chores - rest, that is what Sunday is for. Soon knitting and football shall commence.

harvestjay

So my newest knitting is another start on my Harvest Sock Swap. I tried the Jaywalker twice using Wollmeise Turkis and Karneol - both times, different needle sizes, still pooling. So I wound that back up in favor of some Yarn Pirate Punkin Head - I love this yarn. I generally find YP to be a bit thin - but it is a generous weight for the Jay - for the many cast on stitches - perfect on my size #1. I love the ever-subtle striping and the aptly "harvest" colors of raspberry, mocha and bitterswet. I'm pretty excited that the yarn and sock pattern have finally come together - I hope my pals loves it too - would it be wrong to include a note suggesting she return it if she doesn't? *giggle*

funky1

And then I just wanted to share my new acquisition. My yarn diet is not lost, promise. I just had to have this skein of handspun - I was trolling etsy.com and saw Funky Carolina's spinning combined with Hello Yarn's fiber - Pretty Posies - I figured this was a marriage made in heaven. I have been so wanting to see some handspun in person. I am thinking sweet little hat for winter - I found one that could be a great source of inspiration, then I lost it (WAIT! Here it is!)...I'll probably just end up with plain stockinette to appreciate my first go at handspun, though suggestions would be delightful.

I have lofty goals this week - I hope to wrap up my Jaywalker, cast on my other Firestarter, get out my Clapotis and knit on, since I will need to it soon for the Wisconsin weather and wind up this yarn for my hat-to-be. Kind of makes me need to rest, just pondering it all.

16 Comments:

Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

Love the color on those socks!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Sorry to hear the Turks pooled. It must really want to be a different pattern.

4:12 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That Jaywalker is a beauty... I'm also on the rest-laundry-knit drill today!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

The Jaywalker looks fab! Maybe that's what I should do with my YP "Blackwater".

6:16 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

I love the Funky Carolina you picked up. I almost purchased the same one. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That handspun is gorgeous! I think a hat would be a perfect match for that yarn.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

The handspun us so pretty! I'd be inclined to use a more plain pattern, as well. Maybe with some random purl rows tossed in, or with less swirls? I dunno; I'm finding myself very picky about colors & stitch patterns working together... LOVE your jaywalker!! I need to try that pattern sometime. :)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I know what you mean about Sundays.. I've been knitting a ton today in between a few loads of laundry but for the most part it's just rest, rest and more rest ;-) just the way I like it.
Love the colors of your sock, and the handspun looks really pretty, can't wait to see what you knit with it.
Have a super Sunday evening.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jennie said...

The sock is looking very pretty. :) And what a great enhancement. That Funky Carolina is lovely.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

That's a great combination of pattern and yarn on your Jaywalker. I LOVE the handspun--Of course you couldn't resist it. I adore Hello Yarn fiber. I have to tell you that though I'm pleased with my swirly hat, my favorite part is the crown where I can see the yarn so clearly. I also love handspun in garter stitch (look at Hello Yarn's Baby Surprise Jacket).

12:48 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Your Jaywalker looks great and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colors in your Funky Carolina!

6:45 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Oh my, who wouldn't love a Yarn Pirate Jaywalker! and those are such lovely colors! I love fall...I wish I weren't at work all week so i could enjoy it more. :(

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I spent my Sunday in much the same way :)

I love that new handspun! I'm looking forward to seeing it knitted up!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Jaywalker? Really? You go girl! My one attempt is still waiting for the frog pond.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful yarn! Rainy Sunday days in the fall - perfect for getting cozy and knitting.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Beautiful sock! I love the colours of the yarn and the hand-dyed yarn is amazing!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home