Peaknit

Saturday, October 06, 2007

A blogger meet up

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Auntly H. of Beyond Your Peripheral Vision. She is originally from Wisconsin, it seems we may have literally graduated highschool at the same moment just 30 miles away from one another. She was in town for a fabulous weaving event at her mom's store - which is just blocks away from where my dad worked for several years and near a street where I had stumbled along on one of my first home visits on the job 14 years ago. The world is so small. And I love that.

We met at a LYS where they have a cute little coffee shop nestled in back. I immediately recognized her fabulous Indigo Ripples skirt and great danskos.

I took some knitting along - I had cast on my Harvest Sock Swap just as was heading out the door so I would have something I could work on without looking, some ribbing was just the trick. I took some show and tell. There was some showing but then lots of telling. Not a stitch was knit. 3 hours flew by and I thought up 10 more questions I had meant to ask as was driving to my next stop. I really had meant to explore her passion of book binding - maybe next time? I really enjoyed spending time with a fellow blogger. We seemed to agree on the tilted-head-deer-in-headlights look we have occasioned from non-knitters/ non-bloggers - good to find a kindred spirit. It is amazing to talk about the 6 degrees of separation all bloggers seem to have - how when she was living abroad and met Mrs. B. and Victor of Knitters Uncensored, her love affair with Wollmeise which subsequently sparked mine, how I aught to pin my avatar Jaywalkers to my shirt - since we have become known as our avatars. We talked about Ravelry - the incredible concept of it as well as a few helpful tips. I think we covered a lot of ground, I think the only thing we missed was politics:) It was truly refreshing to chat with someone about the secrets of the blogworld - a group I am so glad to be a part of. Knitters rock!

**FYI - there is a new Knitter's Uncensored podcast up - in case you were wondering...

10 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

How fun! It is amazing that there is so much to talk about when you are a part of the same community of crafters and bloggers!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Knitters DO rock! And, yes, it's so good to talk to people who don't look at you like you're nuts when you talk about knitting!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Awww...isn't AuntlyH just great?! I'm glad to hear that you both met up with each other.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

How fun!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank goodness for knitters. People who listen when my family thinks I've gone around the bend!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Hey, there! I haven't had time to blog about our meet-up yet (just got back to a computer). Maybe I'll just link to your post since it's so flattering.... :) I hope you weren't too late for your haircut!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

How cool! I always get excited to meet a fellow knitter. Knitters DO rock! :)

Jill

5:51 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

How fun!! I'm kinda jealous, now. lol You know it's a good time if two knitters are too busy talking to knit!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for a fun meetup!

3:59 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

That is so awesome! AuntlyH is really, really cool and we want her back! :)

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home