Peaknit

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mama said there'd be days like this...

We had a wonderful time, until 1:30 this morning, at another family wedding. Gosh, I haven't been much of a "party animal" well...ever really. I have only recently begun having cocktails in front of my family - I'm nearly 20 years out of highschool, yet still ever the (self-imposed) rule follower. But I must say, a stiff drink can make the evening get off to a delightful start. I became somehow less anxious and anti-social at a potentially stressful family event - I'm sure this is the beginning of the story for so many alcoholics - thankfully I usually stop at just one, in case you were wondering.

It was a traditional family wedding for me, I come from farm stock once removed and this is Wisconsin...where you know "if you've said Bud-Weiser - you've said it all". Thankfully, my in-laws had our girls safely entertained for the night - though locals know the first ones on the dance floor are the little ones - running around like banshees.

I have one solitary picture from the wedding of my husband and I by the Wisconsin Lottery "pull tab" machine - only at the American Legion sort-of-affair. But lots of dancing, lots of "I love yous", lots of hugs before midnight. It's so nice to lay aside the I-don't-even-remember-what-I-was-even-mad-about stuff and just enjoy that my cousin is deliriously happy, finally.

But then there is today - far too much dancing and late night silliness - today we must pay. Up early for Sunday School and then off to work for a bit. And then our two-year-old having none of "nap" today - so wound up and overtired it hurts my heart to see her twirl around in an agonizing holding pattern - thinking, "please nap"...chanting "please nap". Poor girl.

Ah, but remember what comes to those who wait? An exhausted little heap of child, ready to sleep until Monday...

tuttisleeps

until the poor girl rolled off the couch, that is. Then came the pathetic, teeny squawk of a new baby bird. We hugged it out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Ooohh! She's so sweet! I feel ya on the no napping thing... ;)

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your little girl is so darling! Look at those cute chubby little feet:) I think Mama needs to make her some socks:)

I totally feel your pain on the napping... Or lack there of... My boy does not want to nap anymore:(

12:39 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I am always melting seeing pics of baby sleeping!

Yeah, been there in "no nap" land! Hang on!

2:36 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh she is darling.....
didn't you need a nap too! :)

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home