Peaknit

Friday, September 14, 2007

Finished Object Friday

jbsock2

Gosh, don't you love Friday? I wore my new Wollmeise socks to work today. I am so delighted with this cooler fall weather, if for no other reason but to wear my handknit socks. I tried on an olive green sweater, a yellow one and red sweater, until I settled on red. Matching sweaters to socks - crazy. Man, I love being a knitter.

jbsock

I used a seasonal colorway - Johannisbeer and Brennessel - I don't recall what it all means in German, but "red currant" is in there. I just love the rich colors. The baby cable rib pattern was super easy to tote anywhere - no memorizing, just knitting and kind of keeping track in your head, but you can "see" where you are going.

I think I am going to cast on a Firestarter next. I am so curious about the cool toe-up gusset and heel flap - something new and interesting. Th pattern rocks. I wound up a cake of Wollmeise Iris Sibirica - loud. fun. I am thinking about trying to figure out how to start a KAL blog for the Firestarter - if I figure it out, I hope I have some joiners out there:)

token dog photo - he smiled so pretty.

doggy
Rugby

18 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Rugby is quite the expressive pup! And that Iris Sibirica will be perfect, I love toe up so much.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Quick Wollmeise question - when you order your sock yarn, do you get the light, medium, or dark colors? I've been wondering. The current Wollmeise that I have is the medium, and I'm potting my next order (probably on Oct 1st at 12:00am :), and I just was curious to see what your opinion was.....
Thanks!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Gorgeous! I love that you're matching your clothes to your socks.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Yay for gorgeous Wollmeise socks keeping your toes toasty!

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo! They look awesome! Did anyone comment?

4:56 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

The socks look great!!You're just plowing through your stash - before you know it you'll just have to get more :)

6:07 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Great looking socks there!!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Oh, those socks look so good! You are amazing. I love that firestarter sock pattern, can't wait to see your finished pair. You are inspiring. I have pulling on handknit socks, too, but next week it is supposed to be in the 80's. So sad.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

How could you not love that adorable doggy moggy face. I'm so relieved to know I'm not the only person who matches hand knit socks to sweater or shirt. :)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I was so excited to start wearing socks again this wek to! And noticing I have a favorite pink sweater and absolutely NO matching yarn, let alone socks. I love the Firestarter Sock! Thanks for sharing the link. I would totally join your group.

11:32 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Wow, those socks are so pretty! those colors will really cheer you up in the winter time!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

You totally have to match your socks to your outfit!
I really like that Firestarter pattern. I need to wait til I can really concentrate on it, since I am not a toe up knitter. I can't wait to see how you progress!

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pup and socks!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

I'd be soo into a Firestarter KAL! I just gorged myself hugely (for me at least) on yarn yesterday, so I'm sure I can find *something* appropriate... Setting up a KAL is as easy as starting another blogger blog & inviting people to join (see the "permissions" page). :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I'm glad the weather is cooperating so you can wear your pretty new socks!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Major drool! I LOVE those socks! I want a pair just like them--you such and influence in my sock knitting:)

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WANT those socks! Was it easy or hard to make them? I feel a copy cat move coming on:)

I have to wait though as I am casting on for 2 pairs of socks: Firestarter and Grey's Anatomy tomorrow night:)

11:57 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

perfect socks!! too fun to have already worn them....and changing clothes to match, LOVE it!
Look forward to seeing your firestarters

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home