Peaknit

Sunday, September 09, 2007

will i fall down the hole

As I have mentioned, I have been listening to the peeps at Knitters Uncensored. Not only are they avid Wollmeise supporters but Elemmaciltur has been trying his hand at handspinning.I have been trying to convince myself that I just don't have time to "make" my own yarn but then he shows this. so pretty. And my past swap friend, Christine from the East Coast gifted me this...

spindle
pretty drop spindle...

...and then Molly Bee got this awesome spinning wheel. They are so pretty. pretty.pretty.pretty.

So I like I want to at least try it at some point, huh? And I've seen these cool Insubordiknit Hats over at Susie's blog. (she has Itty Bitty Nursery coming out October 1!!) And then there is etsy...I like this handspun and this one and this one...I think they would all make a cool hats or scarves. So maybe instead of making my own just yet, I should see if I like to knit with it? Ah, there you are...rationalization - I knew I still had it.

*and there you have it, Christine - I continue on the yarn diet "mostly" but I am so going to fall into a pile of handspun unless I get into therapy! :)

13 Comments:

Blogger Cheesehead With Sticks said...

Oh you may very well have company falling down that rabbit hole! haha!

3:43 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

i have an insubordiknit monster hat and I love it. it's the ultimate handspun as it is totally unpredicatable and her colours just pop. as soon as i fix the camera, i will post pic of monster hat.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Those hand spuns looks so great! I'm afraid to try spinning, afraid that I'll fall in love with yet another hobby!

Keep us posted if you do :)
Jill

6:02 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

I know what you mean, I'm trying really hard to ignore all spinning talk...and then last weekend I caught myself explaining it in waaaay too much detail for my husband. lol

Don't be too worried though, starting new hobbies (even if they're related ;)) don't break the yarn diet rules! And the hand/home spun is simply research for the new hobby... hehehe

9:59 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

If your local library has it, Spindle Spinning from Novice to Expert by Connie Delaney is very helpful. I taught myself spindle spinning from that book when my SP send along a spindle with fiber. What an enabler!

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of us. One of us. One of us.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uh oh! Good luck resisting. Although, I might steal/inherit a wheel at Christmas.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. I'm a spinner/knitter/fibre artist and I've a very small, not more than 10 skeins, yarn stash but my spinning and felting fibres take up a closet and a shed. Be very careful how you proceed! Fibre and her implements can be very expensive!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oh geez! You are on a slippery slope! But, I say SPIN! ;)

9:41 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

You are the queen of rationalization :) I'm not planning to ever spin, but I did buy some handspun on etsy. I'm looking forward to knitting it up!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

I do not and will not take any responsibilities of any new fiberlicious addictions. :-p

*inserts evil laugh*

5:53 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Hi - just catching up after being gone. At least the kit has a bit of fiber to practice before you have to get more. You'll have to let me know how it goes!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

I wouldn't hurt us to take a quick trip down Lake Geneva way one of these days just to check things out. Of course neither of us would be purchasing anything.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home