Peaknit

Sunday, August 26, 2007

So many choices makes me sick

makes my tummy go 2...4...6 - seems I remember some childhood handslapping chant similar to this but I was hardly talking about knitting projects, in the 3rd grade it was "Candy Apples makes me sick". Nothing is lost in translation however.

I have so many things I want to do it is making my head swim. I'm sitting here contemplating my next sock. I have two skeins of Wollemeise standing by while I try make my choice. But I can't. So I go to Ravelry for a little help - pshah, not a chance am I getting any good advice there - there are something like 63 pages of sock patterns to queue. Good grief. In the future, I really want to knit the Clessidra with some fabulous semi-solid red Yarntini my husband got for me - first, what a gesture - my husband in cahoots with Jessie, I was so touched, but the socks - rock - imagine a below knee denim skirt - a panel skirt of course, with some open backed clogs. You see why I am sick? They are on my "to do" list - but to do when?

Then there is the gorgeous candle flame shawl that my mouth waters over when I see Auntly H's version, a rippling sea of berries. My mouth waters when I go back to peek - would that be a pavlovian response?

And then Bockstark knits' renditions of the Boyfriend Socks (pattern here) and the Bavarian Twisted Stitch (from Cat Bordhi). Neither one are the tote along simple I am seeking right now - but they are in line.

My head is spinning today with creative juices - I should be in front of my sewing machine or better yet, sitting and knitting- but I am spending too much time poring over patterns when I am sure I can think of 15 without even trying - how ridiculous is that?

I am feeling all ferhoodled about fabrics and yarns and colors - my daughter strutted in from an overnight party with a fabulous hot pink boa - immediately I realize we must try to fashion a flamingo costume for her for Halloween. She was a chicken when she was 2 - and now it is my youngest's turn to be poultry - so a couple of birds - why not?

ft_halloween04chicken_l
Martha Stewart's Version

Then I was over looking at some home made soap at Etsy for an upcoming gift giving event and thought deep red and rich brown kitchen cloths would be great with this yummy treat. That sounds kind of fall-ish too doesn't it. (Sadly fall = winter isn't far behind - blech.)

Too bad my mind works way faster than my hands.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I know the feeling! It's so exciting and exhausting to contemplate new projects :) Enjoy working on whatever you pick!

3:39 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Well, it's a good predicament to have, right?

4:45 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

I know the feeling!! Great links! Just keep knitting and crafting and you'll start to make some headway.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Stacey,
I actually have that Martha Stewart chicken costume. I bought it for my daughter when she was in preschool and she has worn it many, many times since for various things. So fun.
The fun thing about knitting is all of the planning and planning and finding and stashing. I love to hear about all of your dreams for your knitting. Thanks for sharing.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

So many choices and ideas!! The upside is that whatever you make is going to be beautiful - though I know that doesn't make it any easier to choose!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home