Peaknit

Saturday, August 18, 2007

I declared a hair emergency!

I had to, it was frightening. I have decided "growing out" is for the birds. What was I thinking? I had not cut my hair, well other than teeny tiny trims, since November of last year, and yet - still no great hair, just 1/2 grown out uglies.

For awhile, I joked that I was looking like Jim from The Office. He is so darn cute, I wasn't. It wasn't funny.
The Office
"Beer me a haircut!"

Then it grew into Joan Jett, back in the "I love Rock and Roll" days. Most recently I was resembling Shaun Cassidy , like when he was a Hardy Boy - am I dating myself? ...I was about to enter Leather Tuscadero territory (who is slapping there leg twice and making a gun with there pointy finger?).

"It" got so bad that last weekend my husband had a work function and I said "let's go home" when we got into the building. I sucked it up but could not stop thinking how my very first impression on his new, wonderful co-workers would be this bad hair - how ridiculous, how desparate, how I needed a hair cut.

So on Monday I started making some calls, come hell or high water this hair was gonna go. I located Anada Spa and Salon, with a referral from my sister. It had to be - I needed a new set of eyes to look at this mop after my most recent near-mullet disaster. I chose Friday to carry out my mission. I took a day off of work to reinvent myself. I met Ana who helped me shed the extra inches of crappy-shit-for-hair ugh!

When all was said and done, I would have asked Ana to marry me had I not already been spoken for, and had I had the appropriate plumbing. She is a miracle worker. I got a kick ass head massage, dropped 3 inches of hair and got color plus highlights to boot. Wow - what a little hair color and a dollop of pomade can do for your mood. I've been feeling plain ugly since I put my back out - feeling waaaay sorry for myself and my limp locks were merely the icing on the miserable cake. Yesterday I kicked the cake to the curb and got back to me. After a trip to Aveda, I'm me + $60 of hair care products. I frickin needed help deserve it!

11 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Yay! You deserved a good haircut! I love the way a new haircut makes me feel... it makes me want to get an appointment :)

10:46 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Hooray for the scalp massage. And the new look! Do we get to see pictures? (Of you, not Jim.)

11:11 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Oh I'm glad it was everything you hoped it was be, now we just need to see the beautiful new you :)

11:15 PM  
Blogger clothesknit said...

good for you! but now i wanna see pics of this fab new 'do!

12:25 AM  
Blogger cbarnwolf said...

Good for you!! You do deserve it. It's always such a nice feeling.

It must be the weekend for it, because that's what I did yesterday.

By the way you asked about MS3. I surrendered. To much for me and I didn't like the direction it was heading.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yah you!! But I agree, we need a good visual. :)

9:31 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Shaun Cassidy, too funny! At my worst I had a shag that resembled Jody Foster during her fat stage...

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leather Tuscadero -HILAROIUS. What a mental picture. Isn't it amazing what good cut and color hair can do for your mood?

11:44 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

This is so funny because last summer I ended up with the same Jim haircut. I don't know how it happened because I did not show my stylist a photo of Jim's hair. Yet, that's what I got. And I grew it and grew it until I got a magic haircut last December that fixed it, and I haven't cut it since. Because my new stylist is in NJ and I live in Canada. I'm afraid to go anywhere else. Heh.

Thanks for the nice comments about my spinning!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got a big ol' hair boost too, by cutting the shortish-longish mop that I've been sporting for a number of months to a short short 'do that I used to have years ago. I'm giving my hairstylist free reign for awhile, and I think she's liking having the creative license!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Shadkitty said...

Oh no! Now I have no hope, I am trying desperately to convince myself to grow my hair out. :D

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home