Peaknit

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

1 down, 1 to go

rhubarber1
I got my first Rhubarber Simple Sock done - it was such a speedy knit after the picot edge. I used an Eye of the Partridge heel and love how the colors seem to peek out between, it looks truly variegated though the sock itself seems more stripey. The Wollmeise was a pleasure to knit and the finished project positively hugs my foot. It is tightly spun and creates a beautiful, unencumbered fabric - no little pills or wooly bits - just smooth. I have the picot cuff done on the second - and since I have been suffering such a severe case of one-sock-itis, I would call that a success.
rhubarberheel
Now, being ADD, I need another project to knit up while I work on my sock. I recently got some Hello Yarn fat sock in Plunge - which I think will make a cute little Saartje Booties for a baby boy to be, and maybe an itty bitty hat. I have been admiring this pair. They are just so darn cute, and isn't the button choice just right?
helloyarn

The weather continues to swelter here in Wisconsin - massive humidity. So we are working on inside projects this week. I read Susie's post about her funky flip flop idea and thought I needed to buy a potholder loom for our house. So reminiscent of childhood. I can remember making up so fancy potholders - wonder whatever happened with those? Anyways, it is a sweet little bit of solitude to weave up a little something with the fun cotton loops. I have already been surfing for refills - this is addicting - for my 7-year-old of course...this is the best $4.99 I have spent in a long time. Thank you Susie for reminding me of this cool project!
weaving
and yes, we are still in our jammies at 2:30.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore that colorway... and I had a pang of nostalgia for making pot-holder upon pot-holder. To be perfectly honest, I don't think anyone I know ever used one of my potholders... oh well, I sure enjoyed making them! :D Pajamas at 2:30 sounds like heaven. Would have improved today muchly.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

LOVE the Rhubarber sock! Great colorway.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That colorway for your socks is so very pretty!

4:37 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Whoa I have that same color way and am so excited to see it knit up. Your sock looks amazing, love the heel. How did you do the picot edge?

5:06 PM  
Blogger KnittingMoose said...

I remember those potholders!! What fun. I like the colors she's doing.

I love the sock! That heel really makes it look great. Pretty colors.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Seeing your rhabarbar sock, I'm thinking about abandoning my plan to design a fancy pattern. I might do simple toe ups so I can make them knee socks - just knit till half the yarn is gone.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! I have to get some of that Wollmeise! Nice job!

And who cares if you spend the whole day in jammies. That's the beauty of summer!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

The rhubarber sock is lovely! Chicago's also painfully hot and humid. I'm thinking about knitting those same booties using some leftover Cider Moon yarn.

I'm all for pj's in the afternoon -- heck, I would wear pj's almost 24/7 if given the choice (with an exception for sweaters, of course).

10:13 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

The Rhubarber sock is great! Love that picot edge.

OMG I melt everytime I see those Saartje Booties - why they heck haven't I done those yet! Thanks for reminding me :)

Your daughter is so cute - looks like she's have fun!
Jill

9:13 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sock. The color, the patterning, the heel. Couldn't have picked a better combo!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Lovely sock. Great call on the eye of partridge heel! Nothing wrong with being in your jammies at 2:30's what I say. :)

10:59 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Beautiful sock! I love the Hello Yarn, too! Those are most of my favorite colors.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabulous colorway! I must give this Wollemeise yarn a try! This color for sure will be on the list:) I feel the need... for sock yarn stash enhancment:)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

LOVE the Rhabarber Sock!!!! Great work!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

I am glad someone out there remembers the same songs I do! Glorious sock, beautiful Hello Yarn and mostly gorgeous daughter. What a great day to be in your jammies. I am jealous.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Oooh, I fondly remember my old loom. Endless potholders...

10:02 PM  
Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

Your sock is awesome! I may have to try me some Wollmeise. Love your potholder loom! Those do bring back memories! And doesn't it rock to stay in your PJs all day! Sometimes that is the best therapy!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny that potholder weaver thing! I'm pretty sure that my loops were some nasty acrylic. I think I even remember seeing one or two of them melt.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home