Peaknit

Saturday, July 28, 2007

one sock, two sock?

Roza's are sweet,
Grumperina rocks.
I love this pattern,
it makes fabulous socks.

firstroza

One down, one to go. Amazingly, I finished the first sock right down to weaving in ends and immediately cast on the second sock before "second sockitis" could kick in. I am done with the 3 x 3 ribbed cuff on the 2nd one. I love how the sock came out - it is so stretchy and hugs my foot. I love the yarn, Merlot by Yarntini - always a winner - so rich and yummy. BTW, have you checked out Yarntini's new shop? That is exciting, and another upside to being laid up - I realize that I can lay next to a laptop and randomly surf for yarn updates - so I have Hello Yarn and a skein of Yarntini enroute - mind you, my husband may not see the upside of this.

I also got my first taste of Wollmeise yesterday. I had ordered direct from Claudia a week ago and already this package of goodness made it's way to me. I had joined the Wollmeise-aholics group on ravelry sight unseen - well, I get it now. The yarn is gorgeous in person. I got two skeins of sock superwash in...

Rhubarber

wollmeiserhubarber

and Wilder Mohn

wollmeisewildermohn

and a 2000 yard skein of Grantapfel laceweight - sheesh I need to get back to work.

wollmeisegranetapfel

10 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Your Rozinas are lovely indeed, great pattern and yarn combo. I also just recently received a shipment of Wollmeise and am in the midst of a major love affair!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Love the sock! That rhubarber yarn is gorgeous.

I hope you're continuing to feel better.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

ah! i love the rhubarb! i cant wait to see what you do with it!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I'm glad you got your Wollmeise! I considered getting the Wilder Mohn. They're all lovely :)

3:17 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

That Wollmeise is GORGEOUS!! I love teh Rhubarber.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so drooling right now! Gorgeous! Rhubaber is one of my favorites. You'll have to let us know how it knits up.

And those Roza's are lovely!

4:35 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Your Roza socks are looking great! That's on my to-knit list. Love it in that colorway.

Trying to not look at that gorgeous Wollmeise, especially rhubarber!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Your Roza is lovely and your Wollmeise haul is stunning!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Rosa really is pretty! I am thinking of making a pari (for my, ofcourse) out of Knit PIcks yarn you've sent me!

BTW, you are nominated - check out on my blog!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Yippee!!!!
Careful with the laceweight.... If you're using a ball winder, it won't all fit into one cake.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home