Peaknit

Thursday, July 19, 2007

I will start MS3 Clue #3 at last

ms3#2

Here is what I have so far - I didn't stretch it out, I just want to legitimize my progress by showing it. I'm very ambivelent about the stole - I love the stole, it's the workmanship I'm doubting. I screwed up in a few times through clue #2 and my lazy self plans to just trudge on, starting fresh with clue #3. I will string a new safety line and maybe trying more stitch markers as suggested by Phoebe. I have this feeling if I rip it out, I will just roll it up and say fuggetaboutit.

This has been such a challenge in that every line of the chart is like a new sentence in the paragraph - there is little in the way of repeats. Don't get me wrong, I can see repeats developing, but I seem to find errors too late, and I am still too much of a greenhorn to figure out what the errors are. So I think I will go forth. I can see what is coming next by looking at other peoples finished clues, so I feel more prepared to see it develop. My perfectionist self really does want to rip it out - but I feel I have come too far not to at least give it a chance. In spite of the challenge, it is a tiny bit addictive.

Thank you for all of the kind suggestions on the charade/ monkey/ chevron scarf yarn...I hope to figure this all out in the next day or so. I may have to just cast on a different mobile project for the triathalon while I cull out what this Vintage was supposed to be.

3 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bee said...

I love the stole. I heard a great tip one time in a lace class. When you have a row that you KNOW is right, thread a piece of dental floss through it and keep going. Do this every 10 rows or so and then if you screw up you only have to unravel back that far. Haven't knit enough lace to know if it would work or not, but the theory is good. Don't give up! It's beautiful!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

It's looking gorgeous! Don't give up. Remember, blocking will make it look even better when it's done.

My strategy has been to go slow and count carefully. I have trouble reading this stole as I work (in part because it's invisible black) so a lot of it is trusting my counting (and recounting). The other thing that aids reading it is to put your row marker (post-it or whatever) ABOVE the row you're working. That way you can see the chart of what you've already worked.
email/PM me if you have any specific questions. I can try to help. The MS3 yahoo group is too big for me to sort through messages. You too?

11:19 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Great you took a challenge! Can't wait to see the stole done!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home