Peaknit

Friday, July 06, 2007

Mystery Stole 3 and KAL 2-fer

I joined up with this group hoping I might actually make the project. I ordered my Jaeggerspun Zephyr in Vanilla and even got my beads. I skipped the swatch - I just went for it on size 5's and ended up starting again on size 4. I even found an Addi Turbo Lace needles for the occasion (and at the fourth LYS). So clue one is done, just in time for clue two which debuted this morning. I have it copied and ready. I think it could be quite addicting. The designer from Pink Lemon Twist in pretty ingenious. She has created two previous mystery stoles (of course) and has several others for sale on her blog. And the real clincher...the Yarn Harlot herself signed on, pretty exciting to rub projects with such a knit celebrity! Here is what I have so far...
stole1
The picture is a little pathetic, I can't bring myself to really stretch it out just yet, but you get the general idea. I'm having so much fun reading the chart, I want to start another one - slow down, silly, I know. I was over at Beyond Your Peripheral Vision and found this KAL. I have to join, to knit with the Tour on a project that is challenging to me - this stole of course. I'll have my polka dot cyber jersey on while working away at this project.
gse_multipart6047I am truly challenged with this lace as I have had to knit and unknit a little more often than I should have already...nonetheless I feel like I am cheating a bit by having a head start so I'll also be working on something else too...

and since I wound this today...peaknit2

I am thinking about starting the Saucy Socks with them, though there have been lots of great "favorites" suggested - it has to be something special with my Yarntini "peaknit" colorway *wee*! My thoughts are to knit something in honor of my blog-a-versary and heck, it could count for this as well...a clever contest if it catches on. Go sign up!:)

5 Comments:

Blogger cbknits80 said...

The shawl looks great, makes me want to start. Lots of fun links in this post, thanks!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Such pressure to choose the 'right' pattern! Luckily, whatever you pick, it's going to look great with your own special yarn!

The stole is looking good too - what a great idea.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

I'm about to cast on. EEEEEEE. :)

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The start on your MS3 is looking great. I signed up too.. but need to get the lace yarn and such. I'll probably get around to it when everyone is finished?! LOL! Nooo.. sooner than this.. but really.
I've been meaning to ask you.. Do you plan on going to Stitches Midwest (Aug 8-12) in Chicago? I'm going.. should be fun!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

I paired my MS3 with the Tour as well. Isn't the Zephyr great?!Your picture really shows off the pattern...I haven't stretched mine for any of my pics...maybe the next.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home