Peaknit

Monday, July 02, 2007

Sew much fun!

carowristlet

I met my sewing machine again today - I just love her, but I have been whoring around with yarn for several years now. Knitting is just so much more portable and mommy friendly. So I have had just rare trysts with Pfaff over the past years - to sew a random barbie outfit or Christmas stocking. Today, I needed to get down there - I purchased Amy Butler's In Stitches sometime ago and have a project picked out for an upcoming event. Well, as luck would have it, after I cut out all of my project pieces, the more tedious and annoying part of sewing for me, I realized I did not have exactly the right shade of thread. So that led me to splityarn - where I have coveted her wristlet tutorial. No more zipper phobia here.

What a fun little project. It went together quickly though true to form I had to do a few things wrong first in order to let my new knowledge sink in. Which reminds me of a great quote I heard yesterday on The People's Pharmacy..."Wisdom is knowledge through pain." Pierce E. Scranton (author of Death on the Learning Curve - a "fictional" memoir written by a real surgeon. Kind of like James Frey's Million Little Pieces but this author was honest about the embellishment right out of the box)

carowristlet2

I just love the funky lining, and of course I wanted to use a cute little label to charm it up. also inspired by Caro as were these.

I am so thankful to Caro over at splityarn, she is so generous with her ideas, right down to showing you step by step how to copy them. Thank you!!

9 Comments:

Blogger cbknits80 said...

I love it!!!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

That's adorable! I too had a tryst with my Pfaff yesterday! 6 quilt blocks!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

So cute! I especially love the little name tag.

I (heart) the swag and finished socks from your last post too - I'm glad you stuck with the campfire socks!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love, love, love that little wristlet! i discovered your blog a short while back and it's quickly becoming one of my very favorites. i took some classes with Susie Anderson, i'm a madison knitter, i'm a mama... all things we have in common that make me think your blog is the cherry on the sundae. i love the campfire socks also -- i bookmarked those right away. my next project is EZ's Feb sweater... and then i just need a blog to start photographing and posting too!! Thanks for the inspiration!
Blogless Jessica in Madison

10:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great job! I love the lining.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

This wristlet is amazing! Thank you soooo much for sharing wiht us! MUST-TRY-A-S-A-P!!!!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica and Stacey! Stacey, that fabric is to die for. You are quite the sewer. It's good to know some of the knitters you taught in the past are still knitting. It couldn't have been all bad. You really are the cherry on the sundae-so much inspiration.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

That is great! Easy huh? I'll have to give it a try. I too have a zipper phobia - maybe this will cure it.

What are you making from Amy Butler's, In Stitches? I love that book but have only made the Wide Leg Lounge pants from it - they tuned out good!

Thanks,
Jill

8:19 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

Oh, my gosh, that is too cute!
I love the fabric~!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home