Peaknit

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Itty Bitty Flower Power

First - thank you for all of the love after I wrote about my trip to the ER, it was scary but it may have brought me some necessary perspective. I'm home this afternoon with a sick child and really, family does need to be first. Whether or not I am going to have to breath into a paperbag because undone work is freaking me out is still up for debate. But seriously, when I was hooked up to the EKG Monday I certainly wasn't thinking about reports left undone or my offenders clamoring for things...family is where it's at. Seriously.

On a lighter note, I did finish up this sweet little upside-down daisy hat last night. It is from Itty Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson.

flowerhat

I wish the contrast was a little better between the hat and the flower petals but I used what I had on hand - I had 3 separate skeins of the shell pink, must be a favorite? My flower petals are a little wonky but I am happy with the results just the same. I made it with a co-worker's new babe in mind, but it might be too cute for me to give it away - how ridiculous. Can baby hats be used as decoration? I mean, just look at that crisp cotton, I love it. Note to self - buy many more skeins of this Rowan cotton in many more colors to make many more hats - beats therapy.

flowertop

Look at Scout's bracelets and new colorway in silk. I think I will need them both. (well, need is relative) I found the bracelets here but can't narrow down my selection - they are all gorgeous!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey, I just caught up on your blog. I am so glad you are okay. How scary that must have been. That hat is beautiful. I think the contrast with the cream is sweet. The shell pink is one of my all-time favorite colors. I love that Rowan handknit cotton to no end. In fact I am working on a knitted pig right now in shell pink. Again, I am glad you are okay. susie
p.s. let me know what you think of that podcast.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

That hat is so cute! Makes me want to go out and get the book!!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that hat is too precious! I love her book. It's so clever.

And don't you just love the zuluknitty color? Thanks for the link to the bracelets. Love those too.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat is so cute :) Knitting baby things seems to be in the air. The gals in my knitting group are looking for babies to knit for. It's gotta be the nice weather.

I'm glad your trip to the ER had a good resolution :) Anxiety sucks.

7:45 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

The hat is adorable. I hear you on the inability to give it away. My anxiety seems to evaporate when I knit - even when it is the knitting that is a little stressful.
Keep up the good therapy.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Looks good enough to eat!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home