Peaknit

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Grateful Wednesday

tuttiswing

What a gorgeous day - smack in the middle of the week I have off to enjoy with my two little girls. Tutti and I dropped off the eldest for summer school and were off for a nice long walk - we saw a tiny little bunny just nestled in a yard. He was frozen and scared - and honestly, in my pre-kid days I would have scooped him up in my hat for a round of Animal Doctor at home, but with little ones of my own - what if this little guy was sick, or better yet, his mama was just out getting breakfast? He was a sweet little thing and the rest of the walk Tutti kept saying "where'd the bunny go?" I am hopeful that she will be the kid who finds little squirrels and chipmunks to befriend - I grew up in the country and my mom always said - "if Stacey finds a stray anything...give her the day and it'll be her pet." Bet you can guess what I wanted to be when I grew up? Vet school just seemed awfully daunting when it was time to go to school - so I now try to rehabilitate a whole 'nother group of animals :P

So I digress. I am also grateful for the hot sun today - feels so good on the shoulders. We admired so much green grass and flowers on our walk - it is just summerlicious. I was grateful for the sleepy face in the rearview mirror on the way home, the smell of toddler noggin - it's like sandbox and sunscreen eau de toilet, her telling me "here ya go mama" when I lifted her out of the car. Now Tutti is napping so the eldest and I can play some Wii - so from simple pleasures to high tech competition. I'm grateful my 7-year-old is so darn video game savvy, and that Wii requires some calorie burning after that great ice cream she and I had after lunch.

I'm also grateful for time away from my munchkins. My dh and I saw Ocean's 13 last night. Egads, the actors are a delight - this group of thespians just begs you to hang out with them. So we did for a couple of hours. The quirky music is fun. Another winner. The drawback of a mid-week tryst to the movies is tickets = $17, 1 small popcorn and large soda to share = $8.50 and sitter = $25. So $51 later, it thankfully was a great movie, wait, I mean priceless.

I am also grateful that cbknits saw fit to tempt me to head over to Cider Moon today since they are restocking earlier than I was expecting. Thanks Christine!! I couldn't help but put some Asbury Park and Jackie O. Glacier in my cart - now to place the order...I am a damned yarn collector! But isn't this hat sweet? I can see this little beanie on my daughter or sister - or if I can keep with the hideous process of growing my hair out...maybe even me.

I am finally grateful for the wonderful comments I receive. I am giddy at the growing number of commenters - hurray! It is like a little present each time I get a new one - and today the pal I have been gifting through SP10 left me a comment! Love a new friend! Thank you Ericka - you sound like too much fun!

And what do you say Knitting Bandit? Let's just call the whole thing off? Frogging is for sissies. Maybe tomorrow I'll drink a protein shake and feel strong enough to rip back that doggone sock.

pesky frogpond candidate...
frogjay
can you see where my dilemma lies? Love that grape ape Yarntini!

11 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

It was great to read your happy, warm post today. This hasn't been my day, by any stretch (for one thing, it's cold and rainy here), but I felt the corners of my mouth turning up as I read. Thanks!

2:07 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Nice post!! Can't wait to see your Cider Moon yarn in person. I'm living vicariously through you.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! These are gorgeous! You just inspired me to go break out my grape ape and wind into a pretty cake for Summer of Socks. I think I just may copy you:)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

I like those jaywalkers! The stripes are so nice. Why frog them??

8:59 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Knitting in Pink said...

I was wondering too, why frog them? Do they not fit, like Jaywalkers tend to?

9:20 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

The heel on the sock is a little baggy-saggy - so maybe I just need to rip back the heel - I'm so chicken!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's a gorgeous sock! But that yarn will be pretty with anything. Love it!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Seeing Ocean's 13 will definitely be part of my weekend (which will be spent in Wisconsin, though sadly not in Madison). The red-carpet premiere was right here in Chicago!

I love the Yarntini socks -- too bad about the heel. Can you just tink and reformulate a bit?

7:50 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

can't remember last time I was out in the movie!!!!

My sis also wanted to be vet, but after Mom bought her one vet book - she gave up - not a clean job!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the socks, too. Are you sure about that heel? Thanks for the sweet post. Your daughter is beautiful and she looks like a lot of fun. I miss having a baby around.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home