Peaknit

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Didn't see this one coming...

Another sock - and none of the ones I was pondering for the immediate - but then, there it was...

campfire2
It is the Campfire Sock from Cidermoon - with gorgeous June Carter Glacier yarn from a swap with East Coast Christine (cbknits). It is a worsted weight yarn knit up on size 4 needles. It has been fun, semi-mindless to knit but I am just not sure I like how the pattern is coming out... It is super thick and cozy - hence campfire. But what do you think? I'm an inch away from decreasing the toe - a 2 day investment so far - hmmm. I just love the yarn, the rich fall colors - was it destined to be a scarf or Calorimetry?Though these could be donned while making a mean S'more. Whaddaya think?

campfire1

8 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bee said...

I think the S'more theory must be tested! I love the colors and they sure look comfy!

9:27 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

I love them.....can't you just imagine how good that s'more (or red wine) would taste while wearing these!
I say: keep knitting!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like how the yarn is turning out. I have the same color and I love it so much in the skein sometimes I'm afraid to knit it up. But this one is looking really good!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

They look cute and cozy! I've knit up that pattern AND that exact yarn before (but not in that combo). The Campfire Socks are thick and warm, so I was very happy to wear them on cold winter days here in Chicago. Our hardwood floors are like ice, so warm socks are a must.

If, however, you have a very warm home and office and don't spend much time outside, they may not be terribly useful for you.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Brena said...

What a beautiful colorway!

8:21 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Oh they look great, mine might have to be next!!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Thanks for the compliment on my socks! I did have to go down to size 3 needles for my Campfire socks, b/c they're very stretchy.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I think they're delicious! A stunning combo of color and pattern.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home