Peaknit

Friday, May 18, 2007

Birthday swag!

Wow! Thank you for all of the wonderful good wish comments, I love that! I had the best birthday thank you to my family and friends - and the blogging community... This is the first year I really got yarn as a gift, I love it.

My good friend, Tina and I trekked to Galena, IL - what a total treat. I felt like I should have been wearing a crown with the royal treatment Tina was giving me - first driving, lunch (with beer nuggets - omg), a bottle of wine and a yarniful gift!

bday%louisa
Lousia Hardings gorgeous book Swallowtails along with some ecru Glisten to whet my appetite. She also got me a button for the cover sweater. I feel so special when people see something as darling as this sweater and say "it's a Stacey sweater". Yay!

While we were in Galena, we wandered into a bead shop and Tina figured out we could actually make something there...we are wannabe beaders - I think it took us an hour to pick our our "galena bracelet" concoction. We were happy with the results. Especially that lone leaf and the fancy toggle.

bday%bracelet
bday%sundara

Then I stopped by my sister's place - she was kind enough to grab a cake for me to take home to my family after being on the run all day...and she and her dh got me some Sundara - Sundara worshippers are salivating right? A couple of solid skeins - I'm seeing the grass green as these socks. The blue will marinate for a bit while I find a worthy pattern. My sister was a little long faced as she wan't confident about the colors - solid sock yarn, how can I use it? Let me count the ways! So, no long face sweet sister - I. Love. It! I really think she was just sad not to be bantering with Jessie over at Yarntini who is so darn nice! Which leads into...
bday%yarntini

The icing on my day was Yarntini from my husband and girls - what a total surprise! Bravo husband for being so clever and thoughtful. Almost 800 yards of a gorgeous red for maybe a Shetland Triangle Shawl. Also was a skein of sport weight Good to be Girl - good to be the birthday girl, that is.

Then today I got a package from the Loopy Ewe...now, I know I didn't order anything. It was from Jessie a.k.a Yarntini! She sent me this pattern (for that gorgeous red sock yarn?), a darling sock blocker key chain and some SOAK. Again, another wonderfully unexpected treat.

I am so humbled by kindness. It is so easy to get caught up in day to day stuff and forget that we are all special in some way - all have our own gift, it took a special birthday to remind me. So I did not just receive tangible gifts - figuritively I received an overflowing basket of "gifts" this year. Thank you.

psst - I'll be back today as my birthday girl sister needs a special blog shout out - especially since she has been such a yarn addiction supporter (my sponsor perhaps?) and reads my blog even though she doesn't knit - how cool is that?!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's some pretty good birthday swag! I really like the cardigan. It's feminine without being cloying. Very nice.

I'm glad you had such a good day!

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day, you deserve it!! cbknits

7:32 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

What a birthday, girl! Mine's coming up soon and I can onlyhope it rocks half as much as yours. You are so blessed to have such thoughtful people loving you!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww. i'll be your sponsor any day! thanks sister.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home