Peaknit

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hello Gifty

hellobdayMy birthday is around the corner and one of my dearest friends, a non-knitter, got me a gift certificate from Hello Yarn...I was doing the happy dance after I opened this! Adrian from HY packaged it so adorably with samples and little magnets too! I can't wait til the next update over at HY! Thank you Pancake!

Today Tutti Pickles and I meandered over to The Flower Factory in Stoughton - holy flowerlicious Batman! It was a wonderful, well worth it trip. On the way out I fell in love with a Fernleaf Peony which a little pricey after getting a flat of perennials - so I clasped my purse and jumped in the car - fast. If I can find the right spot, I may have to enjoy a trip back to this little piece of paradise. I went in search of a Lenten Rose, this flower was the inspiration of Sundara's December installment - but I didn't know the fancy name and was too enthralled with everything to ask. I got several sedum and Asiatic Lillies. I have a pretty shady yard, so any suggestions for shade loving plants encouraged...:)

I feel renewed and fresh as I have taken a week off to wander. I always take my birthday off as kind of a gift to myself, this year I went for all the marbles and took a week - little goodies planned here and there like a treasure hunt, but all in all, I'm calling it...rejuventaion. I'm so thankful for this time. There will surely be time for knitting. Life is good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diana @ Photodee said...

ooh! Another May baby! When is your birthday? Mine is May 22nd!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Happy Birthday!!!! glad you're taking some time for you. Does that include Knit Night at the Sow's Ear this Friday night??? I have got to get out to The Flower Factory and look for some sedem for my rock wall. Thanks for the reminder!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Hapy happy birthday!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home