Peaknit

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Meme-ish Interview with a Peaknit

Thank you Chicken Knits for hooking me up with the interview...it's fun to blow the cobwebs off and really think about things for a second...

1. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Are they all different or do you have a shoe "type"?

I have too many pairs to count - but many of them are oldies but goodies - I tend to wear my dansko clogs whenever possible. I have become less high maintenence with two kids - so the fancy shoes are collecting dust. Most of my more "professional" shoes are just a different version of black. I gravitate towards mary janes - fun but functional. I am all about comfort now - to heck with cute shoes that pinch my toes - I don't think so. Life is too short to be limping around in uncomfortable shoes.

2. What's your pet peeve? What really annoys you?

Sadly, a number of things annoy me...A guy at work has been annoying me lately like NO ONE ever has. He stands around when I am not talking to him and tries to weasel in on every conversation. He called me "Stace" - only people I really like get to be card carrying members of the "Stace" club. Serial lying also irks me - I have had some offenders who just hang on and hang on to a lie when I have them red handed - who are they really hurting? Themselves. Makes me wanna scream. Other annoyances, tapping fingers - seeing the fidgeting out of the corner of my eye makes me crazy. I also hate clutter - I'm so much nicer when my family pitches in and helps me clear the decks. If only they would just learn, right? I also get tired of complainers at the office...I think it has been a long week at work?!

3. What is one piece of advice that was one of the best you've ever received?
"Don't take work home with you." I try to visualize leaving it like a jacket at the end of the day - I take off my probation officer persona and I am me, a mom, a wife, a knitter. Bye work. Afterall, fretting about work stuff at night does not get anything done. I am very visual, and have even imagined kicking my micro-managing supervisor right out of my bed. Bye anal retentive boss. ahhhh...

4.If you had to pick one color to wear for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Probably pink - just because I love pink - it is a good color for my pale skin and it makes me feel giddy!

5. Do you have a "green thumb"?

Okay, I think I have a reasonably green thumb - I try to add more hardy perrennials every year so I don't have to slave in my flower beds - because I know I won't. Those damn annuals, I don't have the stick-to-it-tive-ness to keep up on them, keep them watered - I run out of gas and they wilt on me. I always plant a box of them thinking, it'll be different this year - they look so great at first...but then I get sick of the upkeep. Luckily I have a yard full of shade so I have lots of robust hostas, sedum and peonies.

Want to play? Here's the scoop:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." (and
give me your email address if you can to make this
easier on me!)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I
get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the
questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to
interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you
will ask them five questions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good answers!

I'm all about comfort in my shoes too. And I refuse to believe it has anything to do with my age!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home