Peaknit

Friday, April 13, 2007

unexpected delights

gummies

I'm guilty - playing hooky from work, well kinda. My daughter was up most of the night with an ear ache - so I was up too. I went off to work extra early today to clear my schedule so I that could take her to the doc. Sure enough - ear infection. But she felt well enough to go back to school, and I am blessed that she actually wants to go... I on the other hand am one of those people. When I've decided to take the day off, it's off - no turning back for me - you could say I am all about commitment. Or you could say I was a loser, playing hooky - you say tomato - I say tomaato...

So off to the Mad City I went. I started with State Street - a pedestrian mall-ish street right near campus to go to a candy store that my sister and I recently found closed on a Saturday. We were so forlorn peering in at the lonely candies. But I think any store charming enough to call itself Twee and Luliloo is worth further investigation. So back I went and I got myself some chocolate for lunch because I am all about making concessions. And I also happened upon these little gummy bears dipped in non-pariels (?), little ball shaped jimmies. They were so colorful. Little did I know they would become my muse. When I got home and looked over my loot - I realized I have yarn to match the little bears. Two more skeins of Cascade for my ripple-icious afgan, Interlacements Tiny Toes (for Pomatamus?) and a skein of bright turquoise Cherry Tree Hill for this pattern. Isn't Cookie a freaking artist?

After yarn whoring, I went to Movin Shoes - they are serious about their shoes. And since finishing Runagogo, I have "owed" myself a new pair of skids - with the help of a generous gift certificate - thank you dh. I upgraded to some fancy scmancy Saucony's that are ridiculously comfortable and if I had the nerve to show them you would see they too must have been inspired by the gummies...think green metallic - ridiculous.

Plus here is my ripple-iciousness - a quick peek.

ripples

Please know that I was crocheting away (or so I thought) at the lunch table yesterday when my friend from over at Gramknits got this puzzled look on her face. Well, let's just say I apparently invented my own stitch - surely slower and putzier than your usual double crochet. But have no fear I stand corrected. Thankfully corrected.

p.s. I am so excited about the comments on the last post about Eat Pray Love - that people are going to check it out, I am so not exaggerating about how poignant this book was for me - it was like a meditation wrapped in the most delicious story - life is good. I hope to hear what you all think of it. Thanks knitters!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I haven't written in a while (I'm sorry!!) but I just had to say that your new yarn, bears, and ripple-goodness all look so yummy!

And yeah, I want to knit every single Cookie pattern, they're gorgeous!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful colors! And now, I'm craving gummy bears...

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cookie is amazing, those socks are gorgeous. I love your sweet crochet rippling! So cool to learn a new skill. I am glad you had fun today on State Street. The weather was actually kind of nice. It is fun to be by yourself sometimes and just wander. I am so sad about that candy store, we brought our kids there for special treats many times.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your day!! Great colors in everything, the yarn, the candy, the blanket

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ripple is progressing so nicely - let me tell you crocheting is such mistery to me! One of this days...
P.S. Quick recovery to L!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Thelonious is 3rd on my list from Cookie. They are cool. I'm lusting after the German Stocking mostly, then Millicent.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

For enough Chocolate I can teach you to crochet just about anything.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home