Peaknit

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hello Yarn! And ghosts of crafts past...

First a quick peek at the yarn I purchased for my Secret Pal - I love it - this is already a bad sign I won't be able to send it - but no, I'm strong. Now I'll just have to stalk Hello Yarn's updates...I hope I did not take my SP's suggestion that she loves brown and blue too literally - but isn't it vibrant? It reminds me of Koigu. HY also has roving and sells spindles to encourage the novice give it a whirl - literally. Tempting. The packaging was so nice and I love her calling card. Go on over and check it out.

hello yarn

Then, since I stalled out quickly on my Ripple Afghan...wait, first let me tell you what happened. I started my first ripple with an eggplant colored yarn - and as a spanking new crocheter - bad idea. I could not read my stitches, so the ripple was wonkier than it should have been. I'm planning to restart with some lighter yarn so I can "see" what I am doing while I learn. I should probably not watch the Amazing Race while learning either...more on my progress later.

In the meantime, I was thinking I would chat my "crafts of the past". I present Theodore...

teddyr

His pattern is based on the original teddy bear. I used to make these bears, they are mohair and jointed - they are so wonderful if not ridiculously putzy and expensive - yowza, another justification to switch up to knitting. But I love him. I loved watching their personalities emerge as I would pull the eyes in just so and embroider on the facial features. I have more memories to come, fun to reminisce... like an old boyfriend, I grew tired of these crafts but now have fond memories - and am damn glad I didn't marry them.

psst...Superhero Designs is selling her bobbles for a limited time. I saw a necklace over at Scout J - and I think she has some serious class:) Just sayin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice yarn. It looks so much like Koigu.

You're are the enabler of the day! I'm checking out the Hello Yarn site now.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello yarn is lovely - who ever you secret pal is, I am sure she will love it!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Yay, the yarn is lovely! Maybe I am your Secret Pal!?!?!

Wait, no, I am not doing any Secret Pal swaps right now.

Darn.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home