Peaknit

Monday, March 26, 2007

Happy Birthday First Born Baby Girl!

sweet libby

I cannot believe it was 7 years ago today that I got my new name "momma". Momma has stuck - no mommy, or mom - it's still momma. Makes me a little teary to think about the moment my beautiful girl was handed to me at last - I think my first spontaneous thought was "I'm sorry, mom" - for all of the times I was difficult or sassy - because in that instant...I got it, it all made sense.

So here we are - fast forward 7 years, a few more wrinkles for me, a sibling, Tutti Pickles, for Peanut and countless memories. My eldest has come into her own. She can read, write, pose a clever argument, cut me to the quick with a face or comment, make me cry with joy and worry. She likes to put herself to bed, complain about everything we have for supper, yet be so kind and thoughtful. She likes to sing, dance and dress to the nines in pink, fluffy, glittery things. She has an imagination to infinity. She wants to sew and knit, scrapbook - full of anticipation when I open my craft room, like we're going somewhere fabulous. Well, we kind of are. *squee!* So she is my protege. I am curious to see where we are going from here...oh the places we'll go!

So, Happy super 7th Birthday little girlfriend!

pinkcupcake
What a grand little stash buster! Yummy, yarny cupcakes from One Skein from Leigh Radford. My little one begged that Stella needed one for "her" birthday... Had to have a wee bit of knitting content, right?:)

greencupcake

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby and yummy cupcakes, who could ask for anything more?

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lucky girl, a talented momma who shares her fun hobbies with such a wonderful 7 year old girl, oh, and with Stella too, she is eight!
I am teary eyed as well, my grand baby is growing and I love her so very much. Happy Birthday, 7 year old girl!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Happy Birthday to the birthday girl! And guess what? Today is my birthday too!!! But I was born 24 years earlier. Wait, does that mean she is a Dragon as well? Aries Dragons - a lethal combination. :)

5:29 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

What a beautiful face! And what a beautiful blog entry! Happy Birthday Peanut!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Happy Birthing & Birthday to both of you!

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, she is beautiful! Those eyes.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home