Peaknit

Saturday, March 17, 2007

saturday yarnings and my ftp is crap

I stopped at my only very LYS today and was said to learn it is closing. I've notice a sale board outside...but closing? I felt like a vulture looking around...35% everything. I love a sale but hardly at the expense of an entreprenuer, a knitter entreprenuer. I will usually avoid these "going out of business" things because they are not happy occasions yet it feels mildly "celebratory" to the saving consumer right? My husband says - "they have to sell the stuff" but damn, hate to see people's dreams go south. But I did stop, so I did buy a few things for stash enhancement - can you see the theme here? (oh wait - no, you can't since my ftp is run by trolls...) Lime N Violet must be my heros. These are my two most favorite colors together. Pink is probably IT for me, who'da thunk when I was such a tom boy?...but together, these two rock! So I took my savings, gave my condolences and slunk out. And now I am thinking, should I go back for that Noro Kureyon #95? I am ashamed.

I did stop local after trekking to another shop I covet. I dropped off my last bit of Sundara Lenton Rose for the owner who was in search of a little more for her socks - thank you for the reward by the way! And so I bought these three cotton skeins (you know, the ones you can't see) - something about Rowan and cotton, so crisp. A friend, co-worker is on total bed rest at just 21 weeks and I can see a preemie hat in yummy green for a boy or shell pink for a girl. I am left now to pray that the little one is strong and ready for the world when he/ she makes her grand entrance - my heart aches for this momma and babe duo.

I have made some progress on my latest Sundara installment - my Bird of Paradise is knitting up purty quick. I just need an umbrella to stick in it and some steel drums I tell ya - foofy girly drink! Somehow kicking off this sock right away helps me justify that I signed up for Yarntini's club - I need to be ready right? AND I have my name in the hat over at Scout J for her swag club. Is it legal to enter your grandma, husband and two-year-old? I didn't or anything but I thought about it. Lots to be ashamed about today.

**you'd see my pictures accept my ftp is a bastard** :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I put my name in the hat for Scouts club too. I never thought to put my husband in though.... Hmmm.... Nah- Thats cheating. But it is a good idea.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Sorry to hear your LYS is going out of business. That happened to me recently. (There's another one still really close, though). I bought a lot at their clearance sale, too! It's hard to beat that 35% off.

11:54 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

i am always totally bummed to hear a yarn store going out of business! how could they with all us knitters out here?!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madison? Yarn store? Going out of business? Pray tell, which one?

Linda (also in Madison)

10:54 PM  
Blogger JenniferB said...

Yes, do tell which one! Jen

11:00 AM  
Blogger LeeAnn said...

Now you've gone and stirred up the masses of Madison knitters who are slavering for a sale. ;)

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sad to see a LYS in Madison disappear. Which one??? I have not heard anything.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home