Peaknit

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Is it wrong?

I am seriously overrun with yarn - some socks yarns, which as I become a more experienced, choosy knitter, I may never knit up. I found this blog where you can post your stash for cash. I feel like I should hook up with these destashers because I am so into clubs lately - it's a sickness - and a darn pricey one! egads. I tried to avoid signing up for Yarntini's over at pureknits but for pete's sake I am practically a stalker of hers. So rationalizations aside, it's done. Then Sundara posts today - why yes, she will have another round of the Petals Collection, sign ups start next Thursday for newbies by the way. And then there is Scout - she is starting another round of her Indie Swag - for 1, 3 or 6 months. I have already suggested my husband consider trying to get this or me on March 16th for my MAY birthday...now tell me that isn't premeditated. So, my thoughts are, maybe I could slim down my stash - for some cash of course - to pay for my latest coveted fibers. Seems like a good plan, right? I mean better than getting a second job or selling my children.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am totally having the same dilemma. I want to try for Scout's even though I know chances are slim. And I want to sign up for more Petals. But I also want to go to grad school.

Too many wants right now. Especially when I have more yarn than anyone really needs.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I am in the same boat. Luckily for me my sock knitting addiction and love for hand dyed indie yarn occured hand in hand. So I only have three or four (OR FIVE)yarns in my stash I won't knit. I think I'm kinda mad at you for providing links to those clubs! I just bought my first yarn from both and now I'm sorely tempted to click your links!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home