Peaknit

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

SP 10 questionairre - weee!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love soft yarns - I like sock yarn a lot, I kind of horde it really:) I'm not crazy about eyelash or other novelty stuff, or itchy things.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a cool plastic container for my dpns, and I keep my straights in a glass vase. The circulars tend to be all over the house.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned about 3 years ago at a local yarn store. I think I am an intermediate knitter - I'd love to learn some colorwork to make Eunny's Endpaper Mitts.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not that I keep updated.

5. What's your favorite scent?

Clean, vanilla, seasonal - like pumpkin and apple in fall, spicy pear at the holidays

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

How many teeth do I have? hmmm, they are all sweet:) I love chocolate but I also like to pick up the new novelty at the gas station - I'm a sucker!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I like to sew when I find the time, scrap book, bead...I'll try anything once.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I have an ipod that I love - I listen to the Lime N Violet podcast, I like 80's hair band music (please don't laugh), heavy metal, some pop, also Paul Simon, Billie Holiday and Sheryl Crow for some easy listening, just about anything really. I really like holiday music at Christmas too.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I really like purple and pinks. I also like just about any vibrant palette. Check out Yarntini's yarn, love it all for an example of my passion. I'm not crazy about orange - but in the right project, who knows.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have two old Tom cats and a Golden Retriever-ish dog. I am married with two girls - 20 months and 6 years old. I work full-time as a probation agent - which I really love.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I like scarves, hats and mittens. I just say no to ponchos - they don't look great on me. I do like shawls instead though.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I tend to bounce around, my favorite today? Socks. I also like to knit lace shawls, mittens, scarves. I like to make felted purses, baby hats, and did I say socks?:)

13. What are you knitting right now?

I just bound off a pair of Monkey socks, I am in the throes of a baby bolero sweater and plan to cast on some more socks tonight. I also have a sweater languishing as well as 2/3 of a pair of mittens, and at least two orphan socks who need a mate.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Love to!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I sticj with bamboo mostly. I use straights or circular or dpns - I'm a ho, I use 'em all!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Both

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Hmmm, probably a Noro Iro sweater I have to seam, I'm just plain scared.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Well, I do like Halloween - what fun! But Christmas is always wonderful too!

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Um, does sock yarn count? I also like sheep - especially Shaun from Wallace and Gromit, ribbons, funky stationary, funky giftwrap.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I subscribe to Interweave Knits. Books - I'd like to get the Yarn Harlot's latest - due out at the end of March. I'm kind of a book ho too - I kind of collect those too.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Colorwork or stranding - not really fair isle, just maybe two color.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I love socks - there is a theme here? My foot is a pretty regular size 7 - nothing unusual.

23. When is your birthday?

May 17

I can't wait to get SP10 started - lets have some fun together!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to link this for a while...LOL! Maybe I can give you a few tips about working with more than one colour. In every way you gave me a nice idea to work with

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home