Peaknit

Sunday, February 18, 2007

ahhh...weekend

It's sad to see the weekend come to an end. I have had an "unprecedented" two-nap-weekend. I have been feeling a little run down, then the late knit night and another late night with my hubby last night for our annual belated Valentine's "dinner for two" of steak, lobster and crab legs oh my - I have been a napping fool. However, when conscious - I finished my second Embossed Leaves sock - I will be sure to get a picture in the sunshine tomorrow - I hope I have the courage to gift them as I have been planning.

Now, I just wound my "lost" inspired Yarntini and printed off the Monkey pattern. I must confess... I have 1.5 Hermione mittens finished, 2/3 of a baby bolero (however, I am waiting for another skein of Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton for this project) and at least 2 orphan socks that need a mate - but I have finished two orphan pairs in a week - seems cause for celebration and for the cast on of a new pattern, dontcha think? *giggle* I can always get back to them right? Do they have medication for knitter's ADD? For the record, I do have real ADD - finally, a lucky excuse. wee.

p.s. I have been listening to Lime and Violet again lately - a pair of saucy broads - they are having a swap on their message board - check it out if you like to swap goodies.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I too had a lazy weekend! Doesn't it feel like a huge indulgence just to get the sleep your body needs??? I declared yesterday Sleepy Saturday. And I allowed myself not to feel guilty about all the things I wasn't getting done. It felt so good!

Your dinner sounds yummy. Crab and lobster are my favs!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pictures! Now.... FINISH THE MITTEN!!! (I am a mean task master if ever there was one - if I were a teacher, I would be the one all the kids hated.) Monkey sure is fun, but let me tell you, it is AMAZING to finish a whole bunch of projects that had been languishing (believe me, I know). And then when you dedicate youself to one (or two) projects they go amazingly fast. I am sort of ADD myself - halfway through Pomatomas #1 and I am thinking of other things. Not that I don't love it, but my mind's still stuck on that darn Scottish Highlands... Anyway.

:)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Hey there. The place is called Paciugo. She said that it is actually on Gorham street just around the corner from Casa de Laura. They appear to be a chain and have a website. Looks like they have rose flavor too! YUM!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't remember when was the last time hubby and I went out alone! Sniff!
BTW I: I have knitter's ADD!
BTW II: Be sweet and send me your mailing address again so I could send parcell on friday!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

You do deserve to cast on for a new project--my theory is for every one you finish you can start another. For every skein you use, you can buy another (Do you like how I slid that one in for you?)

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home