Peaknit

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Finally a pair of socks...


I dyed this yarn with Gramknits last fall - I sped through a sock and a half - and then stopped dead in my tracks. For no good reason, just got tired of them? Well I decided to start getting my socks singles some mates. These are toe-up from the Wendy Knits fan and feather pattern. This was my first try at toe up - I like that you can kind of accurately gauge how much yarn you'll need for each sock to get a nice long leg. When I got verklempt trying to figure out the wraps near the toe - Wendy herself kindly and quickly responded to my e-mail with a wonderful explanation - how is that for customer service for a free pattern??!! The stripes make me think of a Godiva raspberry cordial, milk chocolate, dark chocolate and some raspberry filling. I am pretty excited about my first try at dying and that I was able to wear these yesterday - I showed them to everyone who would look - of course they made over them - I so seemed to be fishing, but I was just happy to be finished. Non knitters just think knitting socks is crazy! "You spent how much to buy yarn...and how much time to knit a pair of socks?" I'm not sure why the joy is lost on the non-knitter - but then when I poop out I think, I could just buy some socks for 5 bucks at Kohls...who am I kidding, I'm a yarn addict. (with a new book filled with sock patterns...)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those stripes look great! What a great dye job!

Unfortunately the update tonight won't be much, but considering how long I've been waiting to post these skeins I'm happy to just get them to new homes!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, you dyed the yarn youself? I'm so impressed! The socks look lovely. They make me think raspberry truffles. :)

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those colors do look delicious...now i wish i bought some chocolate covered cherries for valentine's day

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you feel like eating those socks, Stacey, and I'm right there with you. Yummy!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home