Peaknit

Sunday, January 28, 2007

A new thread...


First, do you just hate computers sometimes? You have a whole post done, a whole report, an especially thoughtful e-mail - whatever - and then...it's gone?


Anyways, I got some yummy fabric yesterday. I have been jonesing to sew since I found splityarn - she has some incredible tutorials. I want to try the coin purse and the needle case that starts as an old book. I got some snaps for the change purses - since I think the closure just makes the prpject so simple and clean. I love fabric like I love yarn, it is like meditation to hang out between the rows of bolts - like the closest to yoga I've been in a bit. I started a softie knitting needle case before my pilgrimage, I just need to find a closure and sew down some elastic to pin the needles in there better. Then I have to give it away, because you know... But again, I adore the fabric.




I haven't deserted knitting or anything - I think I am still just avoiding seaming that damn sweater. I have kept on with the Diamond Patch mittens, once I figured those little squares out, they were a little addictive...if not a little tedious - slow going.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would swear that computers come straight from the devil!

I LOVE the fruity fabric and the needle case is absolutely gorgeous. Great start on the mittens!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute fabric. And thanks for linking the tutorials. I'm about to start sewing. (once the junk room is done) And I had no idea where to start. Now I know!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabrics can be addictive as yarn, ha! Latelly I am dreaming more of sewing than knitting! Must be some virosis.
BTW, great needle case and thanks for link!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Gramknits said...

Looks good. You beat me to it.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Are they terribly futzy, those little diamonds? Because I think I would go mad...

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home