Peaknit

Sunday, January 07, 2007

and I tinked...and I tinked...and I tinked some more...

And so the Swalltail Shawl goes...I have meditatively tinked over 1000 stitches - which really is only about 4 rows near the end of the pattern, and thankfully half of those were plain ole purl stitches. Never so glad to meet a purl stitch before. The valuable lesson is "use lifelines", use them liberally, use them more than you think you should. See I had been using them until I past the "hard part"! ugh. Frustrating to screw up once you think you are past the hard part - but this was a great lesson. And the yarn is Port by Yarntini - can't wait to get this shawl finished to truly illustrate the rich and delicious color. It has been a pleasure. By week's end perhaps? Or better yet, I don't think I'll talk about it until I am done. No more self-fulfilling prophecies here.

I did felt my Booga today and people, I love it - I should keep it:) I really like my KMKS pal though, we have written a bit of e-mail - she is totally worth the cute factor of this bag combined with the mitten pattern/ yarn shopping dilemmas! She is a fellow sock knitter with loads of enthusiam. I hope she loves this darling bag 1/2 as much as me. I'll post pictures once it is off the shoe box and actually a little purse. The best part was I knit from my stash - woo hoo!! But will I have to get more Noro #95 for my own Booga? I read today that BoogaJ plans to create a pattern for a larger Booga - I'll be stalking for that - it could be like cuteness x 10! (i'm a sucker)
.

Lastly, my reward for tinking my ass off...I got some new yarn from Fearless Fiber after reading about it at Toward the Blue Pennisula's blog. She was right - the yarn is awesome - the In the Pink worsted is destined to be a Bejeweled scarf...so I'll be winding that later. Like how I gave myself a reward for tinking my screw up? Gotta love it

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you rewarded yourself. Nicely done! That yarn is lovely.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, you have such great yarn! Damn, again!
ALso, damn happy I have finally got your e-mail! And right now I am on my way to write back (so many things happened since my last one)!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

OOh, I love that new yarn. THe green stuff. Yeah. Love it.

BTW, are you ever in the vicinity of Chicago? It isn't that far, is it? They have what might be considered the second best opera comany in the US (though it's a tight race with San Francisco)! They put on a lot of top-notch performances with a lot of big names!

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to check out that new yarn right away. I love the colors! You get the best stuff. The booga bag looks great, too.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some Fearless Fibers. I haven't knit it yet but I will soon, it's so soft. Diane was so sweet--I made a mistake on my address and it was returned to her and she sent me the cutest little drawstring knitting bag to make up the delay (delay that she WAS NOT even responsible for)! Read your comment on Chicken Knits--I would love to hear more about your Weight Watches experience.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home