Peaknit

Sunday, December 31, 2006

And the winner is....

The Hermione Mitten...I agreed with everyone that I should honor what my KMKS pal likes and keep in mind she is a newer knitter. I could not resist buying the Diamond Patch Mittens pattern at my LYS. After looking it over, it would indeed be daunting to a new knitter - it's a little daunting to me, and I am not that new. We'll see. I also ended up buying some Berroco alpaca in worsted weight as well as a skein of Cascade 220 Quattro for my swapping pal (the pattern calls for Cascade 220), as well as the DPNs to make them up. Now to get started on my felted bag for the kit - I'm doing this pattern. I thought it could be extra awesome if I motivate myself to put a funkified brocade lining in it and a Noni flower broach on the outside, but bag first right?!

While at the LYS, since I had a fabulous gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket, I also got a Romi shawl pin. (Though they charged more than I could have gotten it from Scout, doh! Lesson learned...) I am nearing the nupps portion of my Swallowtail Shawl - but so far, so good. I'm thinking this gorgeous pin will help inspire me to get 'er done. You can go over to Scout's Swag and pick your own - she had this awesome martini shaped one that sold out - but I bet she'll have more coming, AND her customer service is excellent (not to mention her prices are suggested retail at most:o)!

Go look at Nell's new Yarntini at Chicken Knits! Yarn envy!

I also want to make these cables booties like Susie's! She likes Yarntini too - maybe I should start a fan club?!

Happy New Year! I'm off to make Scout's Kick Ass Cosmos! They really are kick-ass!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Aw. Thanks for the shout out. Happy Happy to YOU. I'm off to make a martini! WHoo hoo!

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Stacey!

Thanks again for the mention. I love that bag you picked out to make for your pal. I may just have to make one of those. I have so much Cascade 220 sitting around it's ridiculous. I think the added flower would be perfect, and the lining, too.

best, susie

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home