Peaknit

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Acedemy Award for Best Gift Giver of 2006 goes to....



My sister! Who got me this:



Yarntini fabulousness!! Be still my heart! ...in Fig and Plum, 4-8-15-16-23-42 as inspired by Lost and one of her new semi-solids, Merlot. This was truly the best treat ever for this knitter. I am positively hooked on Yarntini's vibrant colors, I admit I'm a bit of a groupie. But I know I love a yarn when I assign a flavor to it, when my sensory takes over and it creates a pavlovian experience for me...when I can taste it! I know, how weird is that? That should be one of my 6 weird things - anyways, maybe it's not weird - do other knitters want to eat their favorite yarn? Doesn't it look like candy? Totally lickable?

I was pretty darn close to being entirely surprised (even though I had hinted at it heavily a while back) to open this gift - cheers little sister for job well done!! Weee!! if their were a statue to commemorate this gift - you would have it. Also thank you to Yarntini for helping to facilitate this big surprise - no small task while getting prepared for the holiday season.

Sissy, thank you also for modeling the My-So-Called scarf I made for you:) Cotton Candy! (don't kill me for posting your identity, just to be even steven - well, kinda - I'll post myself in the thoes of delirious fiber intoxication...)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your sister are so cute! I told her that all I wanted was a picture of you opening your yarn gift. I'm so happy you love them!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Betz White said...

yummmm...after your Yarntini posts and Susan's comments about it, I might have to get some for myself. But which colorway? So delicious!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home