Peaknit

Monday, December 11, 2006

Immediate gratification project!!

Santa Baby
Isn't this sweet little hat darling? It is by Susan B. Anderson, a book author and native of nearby Madison, WI. I learned to knit in her shop 4 years ago - it made me giddy when I found her book, Itty Bitty Hats, rather unexpectedly at a local store. It is so refreshing and renewing to see someone take their passion and make it into something so successful. Anyways, I got up early Sunday to download a podcast of an interview with her from Craftsanity yesterday morning, I listened while I worked on a mitten. It was so peaceful in my house. What a treat. Even more, she has posted a pattern for this cute, teeny hat "Santa Baby". I have been stalking her blog a little to see when it would be available - I'm a little neurotic that way - I was able to make one up last night (being a good stalker, I had my worsted weight yarn purchased in advance). I should make about 100 more, they are so darn cute, super quick and simple. Head over and check out the pattern - the people on your gift list will be glad ya did!

A quick side note - so I listened to the interview yesterday morning and who's voice do I hear at the local yarn store?? Oh I have tell you, Susan B. Anderson was there! What a treat to talk to someone with such enthusiasm, it's nearly contagious! Thank you, I am always grateful for a shot in the arm of such exhilerating excitement for knitting! And meeting someone so positive and friendly makes the rest of the day just that much better!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw that cutest tree ornament ever, even before read a line from you blog I said out laud: "Ajme kako je slatko!" or in english "OMG, how cute!". I am stalking susan's blog also!

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that ornament turned out. It looks adorable on your tree. I wrote that pattern so fast that I was crossing my fingers that it made sense, and it looks like it is ok. Good work.

Did you know that Knitty Gritty is on every morning at 10:00am on HGTV? Now you can watch or tape those episodes you are waiting for.

I am glad I ran into you on Sunday. You are right, what are odds? We are definitely going to have to plan a time to get together and knit, knit, knit! After Christmas, ok?

Thanks for the support and the kind words, I am humbled.
best, susie

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About the hat, the Cascade 220 is doubled throughout. It is the perfect pattern to learn fair isle-so go for it! Time to add a new skill!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home