Peaknit

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Feeling better and some kick-ass mail!


After getting the flu back again - sheesh, I think I am better today (knock on wood). And my little one is starting to feel better too, after another bout of ick late last night. I must say that I think I will actually be glad to be back to work after this long, lousey, illness-filled Thanksgiving.

Yesterday while lying in bed feeling sorry for myself, mail came!! Yes, a package from Sandra in Croatia!! I decided to wait until I was upright to open it. So last night I carefully unwrapped everything - a wonderful scarf that she handknit for me. I couldn't be more thrilled - first it is gorgeous and has a leaves pattern - my fetish, but most touching is it is handknit - there are few gifts more special than something handmade and from the heart. Thank you Sandra!! There are also two chocolate bars - we ate the first candy bars we bought for each other, that makes me giggle - great minds you know. I plan to savor those in secret. Also Pez and some cool sparkly iron ons for the girls - and beads, maybe for some stitch markers?! Also a handdrawn picture from her daughter - I will post this at work for everyone to admire! And a crowning treat - 5 skeins of yarn!! I need to come up with something fabulous to make with it...suggestions wecome! I want to wrap up holiday knitting and then I can settle down and think all about knitting for me....weeee!...Many thanks to Sandra for turning around an otherwise long and frustrating weekend! I will wrap myself in my new scarf and be grateful!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am glad you are feeling better. I gave you a shout out in my blog today, so you may want to check it out!

Love the scarf, you are lucky!
best,
susie

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad parcell has came! Glad you like it! Glad you are feeling better!

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back on your feet. What a gorgeous scarf!!!! That ought to make you perk right up!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh! For some reason Bloglines didn't show me that you had new posts so I am totally behind! Like 6 posts behind!

I'm soooo sorry you've been sick but I'm just as happy that you and your little one are feeling better. There's nothing like knitterly gifts to help fight off a cold. That scarf is gorgeous!

Your projects are looking amazing as well. You've been a knitting machine! And I think your Fetching addiction may be spreading, I'm hopefully going to start my first pair soon :).

Keep an eye on your mailbox... more fiber-y goodness is headed your way!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home